Dec 26, 2012, 11:50 AM EDT
Could the New York Knicks ring in 2013 with Amar’e Stoudemire?
The New York Knicks host the Portland Trail Blazers on New Years Day (which is fine because nobody in New York cares about college football anyway). And Stoudemire told Al Iannazzone of Newsday that could be against the Trail Blazers (via Sulia):
Amar’e Stoudemire finally has a realistic target date for his season debut following knee surgery. He said Jan. 1, 2013 is “a possibility.” It’s the first time Stoudemire has used a specific date.
The Knicks have the challenge of fitting Stoudemire into a rotation where Carmelo Anthony has thrived at the four spot. Tyson Chandler is clearly a five, so the question is how you get spacing on the floor with the three of them while getting them all to play to their strengths.
But with the Knicks three-point shooting coming back to earth (31 percent in their last five games combined) another guy who can attack the paint and has to be accounted for that way could help. We will see. Maybe starting in a week.
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 0
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 3
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 27
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 9
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 25
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 26