Dec 26, 2012, 11:50 AM EDT
Could the New York Knicks ring in 2013 with Amar’e Stoudemire?
The New York Knicks host the Portland Trail Blazers on New Years Day (which is fine because nobody in New York cares about college football anyway). And Stoudemire told Al Iannazzone of Newsday that could be against the Trail Blazers (via Sulia):
Amar’e Stoudemire finally has a realistic target date for his season debut following knee surgery. He said Jan. 1, 2013 is “a possibility.” It’s the first time Stoudemire has used a specific date.
The Knicks have the challenge of fitting Stoudemire into a rotation where Carmelo Anthony has thrived at the four spot. Tyson Chandler is clearly a five, so the question is how you get spacing on the floor with the three of them while getting them all to play to their strengths.
But with the Knicks three-point shooting coming back to earth (31 percent in their last five games combined) another guy who can attack the paint and has to be accounted for that way could help. We will see. Maybe starting in a week.
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 0
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 28
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 17
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 42
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 56
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 15
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6