Dec 26, 2012, 11:50 AM EDT
Could the New York Knicks ring in 2013 with Amar’e Stoudemire?
The New York Knicks host the Portland Trail Blazers on New Years Day (which is fine because nobody in New York cares about college football anyway). And Stoudemire told Al Iannazzone of Newsday that could be against the Trail Blazers (via Sulia):
Amar’e Stoudemire finally has a realistic target date for his season debut following knee surgery. He said Jan. 1, 2013 is “a possibility.” It’s the first time Stoudemire has used a specific date.
The Knicks have the challenge of fitting Stoudemire into a rotation where Carmelo Anthony has thrived at the four spot. Tyson Chandler is clearly a five, so the question is how you get spacing on the floor with the three of them while getting them all to play to their strengths.
But with the Knicks three-point shooting coming back to earth (31 percent in their last five games combined) another guy who can attack the paint and has to be accounted for that way could help. We will see. Maybe starting in a week.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 0
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48