Dec 26, 2012, 11:50 AM EDT
Could the New York Knicks ring in 2013 with Amar’e Stoudemire?
The New York Knicks host the Portland Trail Blazers on New Years Day (which is fine because nobody in New York cares about college football anyway). And Stoudemire told Al Iannazzone of Newsday that could be against the Trail Blazers (via Sulia):
Amar’e Stoudemire finally has a realistic target date for his season debut following knee surgery. He said Jan. 1, 2013 is “a possibility.” It’s the first time Stoudemire has used a specific date.
The Knicks have the challenge of fitting Stoudemire into a rotation where Carmelo Anthony has thrived at the four spot. Tyson Chandler is clearly a five, so the question is how you get spacing on the floor with the three of them while getting them all to play to their strengths.
But with the Knicks three-point shooting coming back to earth (31 percent in their last five games combined) another guy who can attack the paint and has to be accounted for that way could help. We will see. Maybe starting in a week.
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 7
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 5
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7