Dec 25, 2012, 1:23 PM EDT
Kris Humphries may not have played a lot against Boston on Christmas Day anyway after being benched last game — although at some point during the second quarter Avery Johnson might have gone to him desperate for anything that worked — but he is out injured.
Humphries has an abdominal strain and will be out both the Tuesday game and Wednesday when the Nets travel to face a pretty good Bucks team, tweets Howard Beck of the New York Times. Humphries will be re-evaluated Thursday.
The Nets overpaid Humphries last summer — two years at $12 million a pop — and he has given them 7.1 points on 44 percent shooting plus 7.4 rebounds a game. His rebounding is still good but the rest of his has taken a step back and he is getting fewer shots right at the rim (which is within his shooting range). He should fit better into what the Nets do, but he’s driving Johnson crazy with his play this season.
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 0
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 6
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 14
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 23
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 20
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 31
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26