Dec 25, 2012, 1:23 PM EDT
Kris Humphries may not have played a lot against Boston on Christmas Day anyway after being benched last game — although at some point during the second quarter Avery Johnson might have gone to him desperate for anything that worked — but he is out injured.
Humphries has an abdominal strain and will be out both the Tuesday game and Wednesday when the Nets travel to face a pretty good Bucks team, tweets Howard Beck of the New York Times. Humphries will be re-evaluated Thursday.
The Nets overpaid Humphries last summer — two years at $12 million a pop — and he has given them 7.1 points on 44 percent shooting plus 7.4 rebounds a game. His rebounding is still good but the rest of his has taken a step back and he is getting fewer shots right at the rim (which is within his shooting range). He should fit better into what the Nets do, but he’s driving Johnson crazy with his play this season.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 5
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 9
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4