Dec 25, 2012, 1:23 PM EST
Kris Humphries may not have played a lot against Boston on Christmas Day anyway after being benched last game — although at some point during the second quarter Avery Johnson might have gone to him desperate for anything that worked — but he is out injured.
Humphries has an abdominal strain and will be out both the Tuesday game and Wednesday when the Nets travel to face a pretty good Bucks team, tweets Howard Beck of the New York Times. Humphries will be re-evaluated Thursday.
The Nets overpaid Humphries last summer — two years at $12 million a pop — and he has given them 7.1 points on 44 percent shooting plus 7.4 rebounds a game. His rebounding is still good but the rest of his has taken a step back and he is getting fewer shots right at the rim (which is within his shooting range). He should fit better into what the Nets do, but he’s driving Johnson crazy with his play this season.
- PBT Extra: Kobe Bryant is back, doesn’t have much time to get it right 2
- It’s official, Clippers agree to terms with Stephen Jackson 1
- PBT NBA Power Rankings: At the quarter pole Portland takes the lead 16
- Paul Pierce practiced Monday, could return vs. Celtics Tuesday 2
- Report: Kings not done trading, Jason Thompson next on block 4
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)