Dec 25, 2012, 1:23 PM EDT
Kris Humphries may not have played a lot against Boston on Christmas Day anyway after being benched last game — although at some point during the second quarter Avery Johnson might have gone to him desperate for anything that worked — but he is out injured.
Humphries has an abdominal strain and will be out both the Tuesday game and Wednesday when the Nets travel to face a pretty good Bucks team, tweets Howard Beck of the New York Times. Humphries will be re-evaluated Thursday.
The Nets overpaid Humphries last summer — two years at $12 million a pop — and he has given them 7.1 points on 44 percent shooting plus 7.4 rebounds a game. His rebounding is still good but the rest of his has taken a step back and he is getting fewer shots right at the rim (which is within his shooting range). He should fit better into what the Nets do, but he’s driving Johnson crazy with his play this season.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 13
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50