Dec 25, 2012, 1:23 PM EST
Kris Humphries may not have played a lot against Boston on Christmas Day anyway after being benched last game — although at some point during the second quarter Avery Johnson might have gone to him desperate for anything that worked — but he is out injured.
Humphries has an abdominal strain and will be out both the Tuesday game and Wednesday when the Nets travel to face a pretty good Bucks team, tweets Howard Beck of the New York Times. Humphries will be re-evaluated Thursday.
The Nets overpaid Humphries last summer — two years at $12 million a pop — and he has given them 7.1 points on 44 percent shooting plus 7.4 rebounds a game. His rebounding is still good but the rest of his has taken a step back and he is getting fewer shots right at the rim (which is within his shooting range). He should fit better into what the Nets do, but he’s driving Johnson crazy with his play this season.
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 15
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 10
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 25
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8