Dec 25, 2012, 3:49 PM EDT
Late in the first quarter of the Lakers Christmas Day matchup against the Knicks, Metta World Peace terminated the dribble out top, and Carmelo Anthony was overplaying Kobe Bryant on the wing defensively in an attempt to deny him the basketball.
Bryant faked Anthony one way, then cut backdoor, where World Peace found him.
With Tyson Chandler coming over to help, Bryant opted for the reverse layup, flying from one side of the rim underneath it to the other, where he converted the acrobatic layup for an extremely entertaining two points.
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 7
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 26
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9