Dec 25, 2012, 3:49 PM EDT
Late in the first quarter of the Lakers Christmas Day matchup against the Knicks, Metta World Peace terminated the dribble out top, and Carmelo Anthony was overplaying Kobe Bryant on the wing defensively in an attempt to deny him the basketball.
Bryant faked Anthony one way, then cut backdoor, where World Peace found him.
With Tyson Chandler coming over to help, Bryant opted for the reverse layup, flying from one side of the rim underneath it to the other, where he converted the acrobatic layup for an extremely entertaining two points.
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 14
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 6
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 15
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4