Dec 25, 2012, 3:49 PM EDT
Late in the first quarter of the Lakers Christmas Day matchup against the Knicks, Metta World Peace terminated the dribble out top, and Carmelo Anthony was overplaying Kobe Bryant on the wing defensively in an attempt to deny him the basketball.
Bryant faked Anthony one way, then cut backdoor, where World Peace found him.
With Tyson Chandler coming over to help, Bryant opted for the reverse layup, flying from one side of the rim underneath it to the other, where he converted the acrobatic layup for an extremely entertaining two points.
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 15
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 4
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 36
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 62
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 58
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 18
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 16
- Kevin Love trade talk: He doesn’t want to opt in to deal, Cavs may live with that 40