Dec 25, 2012, 3:49 PM EST
Late in the first quarter of the Lakers Christmas Day matchup against the Knicks, Metta World Peace terminated the dribble out top, and Carmelo Anthony was overplaying Kobe Bryant on the wing defensively in an attempt to deny him the basketball.
Bryant faked Anthony one way, then cut backdoor, where World Peace found him.
With Tyson Chandler coming over to help, Bryant opted for the reverse layup, flying from one side of the rim underneath it to the other, where he converted the acrobatic layup for an extremely entertaining two points.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 14
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 28
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 60
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13