Dec 25, 2012, 3:49 PM EST
Late in the first quarter of the Lakers Christmas Day matchup against the Knicks, Metta World Peace terminated the dribble out top, and Carmelo Anthony was overplaying Kobe Bryant on the wing defensively in an attempt to deny him the basketball.
Bryant faked Anthony one way, then cut backdoor, where World Peace found him.
With Tyson Chandler coming over to help, Bryant opted for the reverse layup, flying from one side of the rim underneath it to the other, where he converted the acrobatic layup for an extremely entertaining two points.
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 0
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 14
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 27
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 12
- Carmelo Anthony exits Knicks-Rockets game with apparent back injury 9
- Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant progressing in rehab, Westbrook could play Friday 6
- Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice, out for season 23
- PBT Extra: Our Thanksgiving week turkeys, starting with the 76ers 2