Dec 25, 2012, 3:49 PM EDT
Late in the first quarter of the Lakers Christmas Day matchup against the Knicks, Metta World Peace terminated the dribble out top, and Carmelo Anthony was overplaying Kobe Bryant on the wing defensively in an attempt to deny him the basketball.
Bryant faked Anthony one way, then cut backdoor, where World Peace found him.
With Tyson Chandler coming over to help, Bryant opted for the reverse layup, flying from one side of the rim underneath it to the other, where he converted the acrobatic layup for an extremely entertaining two points.
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 0
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 7
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 22
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 23
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 20