Dec 25, 2012, 3:49 PM EDT
Late in the first quarter of the Lakers Christmas Day matchup against the Knicks, Metta World Peace terminated the dribble out top, and Carmelo Anthony was overplaying Kobe Bryant on the wing defensively in an attempt to deny him the basketball.
Bryant faked Anthony one way, then cut backdoor, where World Peace found him.
With Tyson Chandler coming over to help, Bryant opted for the reverse layup, flying from one side of the rim underneath it to the other, where he converted the acrobatic layup for an extremely entertaining two points.
- Report: Knicks, Phil Jackson have deal in principle for him to oversee basketball operations 0
- Kevin Durant scores 42, Thunder win a chippy one over Rockets 5
- Report: Lakers to officially declare Kobe Bryant out for the season 13
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker suspended one game for blow to head of Blake Griffin 9
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 14