Dec 25, 2012, 3:49 PM EDT
Late in the first quarter of the Lakers Christmas Day matchup against the Knicks, Metta World Peace terminated the dribble out top, and Carmelo Anthony was overplaying Kobe Bryant on the wing defensively in an attempt to deny him the basketball.
Bryant faked Anthony one way, then cut backdoor, where World Peace found him.
With Tyson Chandler coming over to help, Bryant opted for the reverse layup, flying from one side of the rim underneath it to the other, where he converted the acrobatic layup for an extremely entertaining two points.
- Report: Tracy McGrady works out with Kobe, eyes return to NBA 0
- Report: Washington Wizards contact Ray Allen, too 4
- Hornets rookie Noah Vonleh out 6-8 weeks after sports hernia surgery 14
- USA sails past New Zealand for easy 98-71 win behind Anthony Davis, Kenneth Faried 9
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 11
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 5
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14