Dec 25, 2012, 2:34 PM EDT
In case you might have forgotten, the Nets and the Celtics simply do not like each other.
With the Celtics holding onto a 17-point lead with under 10 minutes to play in the fourth quarter, Wallace grabbed a hold of Garnett’s shorts, initially appearing to do so to prevent himself from falling after getting fouled on an awkward shot attempt.
The problem, at least in Garnett’s eyes, occurred when Wallace wouldn’t let go. Garnett fought to get away, Wallace held on, and the two had to be separated.
Double technical fouls were issued, and that should be where this incident comes to an end. But the tension between these two teams is real, and will be something worth watching when they meet next in Boston on April 10.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 7
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 8
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 42
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11