Dec 25, 2012, 2:34 PM EDT
In case you might have forgotten, the Nets and the Celtics simply do not like each other.
With the Celtics holding onto a 17-point lead with under 10 minutes to play in the fourth quarter, Wallace grabbed a hold of Garnett’s shorts, initially appearing to do so to prevent himself from falling after getting fouled on an awkward shot attempt.
The problem, at least in Garnett’s eyes, occurred when Wallace wouldn’t let go. Garnett fought to get away, Wallace held on, and the two had to be separated.
Double technical fouls were issued, and that should be where this incident comes to an end. But the tension between these two teams is real, and will be something worth watching when they meet next in Boston on April 10.
- Oscar Robertson says if he were Carmelo Anthony “I would leave today” 9
- Larry Bird, through Pacers general manager, says Frank Vogel’s job is safe 3
- Can LaMarcus Aldridge break the all-time single-playoff scoring record? 18
- Thursday NBA playoff previews: Which Indiana team shows up? 11
- Wednesday NBA grades: It’s LaMarcus Aldridge’s world and the Rockets have to live in it 21