Dec 25, 2012, 2:34 PM EST
In case you might have forgotten, the Nets and the Celtics simply do not like each other.
With the Celtics holding onto a 17-point lead with under 10 minutes to play in the fourth quarter, Wallace grabbed a hold of Garnett’s shorts, initially appearing to do so to prevent himself from falling after getting fouled on an awkward shot attempt.
The problem, at least in Garnett’s eyes, occurred when Wallace wouldn’t let go. Garnett fought to get away, Wallace held on, and the two had to be separated.
Double technical fouls were issued, and that should be where this incident comes to an end. But the tension between these two teams is real, and will be something worth watching when they meet next in Boston on April 10.
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 30