Dec 25, 2012, 2:34 PM EDT
In case you might have forgotten, the Nets and the Celtics simply do not like each other.
With the Celtics holding onto a 17-point lead with under 10 minutes to play in the fourth quarter, Wallace grabbed a hold of Garnett’s shorts, initially appearing to do so to prevent himself from falling after getting fouled on an awkward shot attempt.
The problem, at least in Garnett’s eyes, occurred when Wallace wouldn’t let go. Garnett fought to get away, Wallace held on, and the two had to be separated.
Double technical fouls were issued, and that should be where this incident comes to an end. But the tension between these two teams is real, and will be something worth watching when they meet next in Boston on April 10.
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 0
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 8
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 3
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 24
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 6