Video: Blake Griffin’s latest KIA ad is pretty funny

Dec 24, 2012, 8:55 AM EDT

The best part of the Blake Griffin KIA ads is that he is willing to poke fun at himself and his game.

That and he has a great dry sense of humor that really comes out in these ads.

And for those of you saying Griffin dunks too much, I say to you if you can get me a player who can get the most efficient shot in basketball five times a game, I’ll take those dunks every time. It’s not about the highlights, or just about the highlights, it’s about scoring buckets.

1. coasttocoast12 - Dec 24, 2012 at 9:17 AM

That was brilliant.

2. nelszz - Dec 24, 2012 at 9:31 AM

How much is kia paying you to write a blog spot on their ad?

3. raidmagic - Dec 24, 2012 at 9:37 AM

That was good the horse at the end was the best.

4. manchestermiracle - Dec 24, 2012 at 10:31 AM

You’d think if Kia wanted me to buy their product they could find a spokesman who’s actually accomplished something.

• raidmagic - Dec 24, 2012 at 10:56 AM

He’s accomplished something, he’s an NBA player, what do you do?

• dannymac17 - Dec 24, 2012 at 12:45 PM

I don’t understand how you are so stupid. The guy has been in the league (playing) since 2010. Did you want him to win the past 2 MVPs and finals all by himself? Manchester, if you are in fact in the LA area, lets meet up so i can slap the stupidity from your chops.

5. mat9844 - Dec 24, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Only Blake could do this so funny. So talented, both on and off the court.

6. storebrandcookies - Dec 24, 2012 at 11:38 AM

The horse at the end, I saw that coming. Ha.

7. progress2011 - Dec 24, 2012 at 12:31 PM

These Blake + Kia commercials are quite funny.

My favorite is “work on your free throws…..A LOT” .

His commercials ‘ALMOST’ rival some of Peyton Mannings Mastercard ” PRICELESS” commercials.

Good stuff !

8. ron05342 - Dec 24, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Anyone who has truly watched Blake’s season knows his outside shot has improved dramatically the last two weeks. He hit three in a row from deep outside in the last game, and the confidence he is showing in that shot has grown tremendously.

I know they were talking about a shooting coach and I can’t recall who it is now, but they are really encouraged. If he continues to stretch the floor like that, this team, which seems to be unbeatable right now, may be the only team to reach 60 wins this season.

Stephenson goes elsewhere for his future
Top 10 NBA Player Searches