Dec 24, 2012, 3:21 PM EST
Shocking news out of the league office this Christmas Eve, I know. But two of the game’s best players had two of the best weeks statistically speaking, and were therefore awarded for the accomplishment.
Miami was 3-0 during that stretch, while the Clippers went 4-0, further piling on to their league-best winning streak that has now reached 13 straight games.
Here are the numbers, from the official release:
LeBron James, Miami Heat
Dec. 18 vs. Minnesota: Tallied 22 points, 11 assists, six rebounds and four blocks in a 103-92 win over the Timberwolves.
Dec. 20 @ Dallas: Posted 24 points, nine rebounds and five assists in a 110-95 victory over the Mavericks.
Dec. 22 vs. Utah: Posted 30 points, nine rebounds and seven assists in a 105-89 win over the Jazz.
Chris Paul, Los Angeles Clippers
Dec. 19 vs. New Orleans: Posted 10 points, 12 assists and five rebounds in a 93-77 win over the Hornets.
Dec. 21 vs. Sacramento: Tallied 24 points, 13 assists, five rebounds and five steals in a 97-85 win over the Kings.
Dec. 23 @ Phoenix: Collected 17 points, 13 assists and five steals in a 103-77 win over the Suns.
Tough to argue with these two guys being selected.
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 20
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 2
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 4
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 24
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9