Dec 24, 2012, 3:21 PM EDT
Shocking news out of the league office this Christmas Eve, I know. But two of the game’s best players had two of the best weeks statistically speaking, and were therefore awarded for the accomplishment.
Miami was 3-0 during that stretch, while the Clippers went 4-0, further piling on to their league-best winning streak that has now reached 13 straight games.
Here are the numbers, from the official release:
LeBron James, Miami Heat
Dec. 18 vs. Minnesota: Tallied 22 points, 11 assists, six rebounds and four blocks in a 103-92 win over the Timberwolves.
Dec. 20 @ Dallas: Posted 24 points, nine rebounds and five assists in a 110-95 victory over the Mavericks.
Dec. 22 vs. Utah: Posted 30 points, nine rebounds and seven assists in a 105-89 win over the Jazz.
Chris Paul, Los Angeles Clippers
Dec. 19 vs. New Orleans: Posted 10 points, 12 assists and five rebounds in a 93-77 win over the Hornets.
Dec. 21 vs. Sacramento: Tallied 24 points, 13 assists, five rebounds and five steals in a 97-85 win over the Kings.
Dec. 23 @ Phoenix: Collected 17 points, 13 assists and five steals in a 103-77 win over the Suns.
Tough to argue with these two guys being selected.
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 9
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 4
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 28