Dec 24, 2012, 3:21 PM EDT
Shocking news out of the league office this Christmas Eve, I know. But two of the game’s best players had two of the best weeks statistically speaking, and were therefore awarded for the accomplishment.
Miami was 3-0 during that stretch, while the Clippers went 4-0, further piling on to their league-best winning streak that has now reached 13 straight games.
Here are the numbers, from the official release:
LeBron James, Miami Heat
Dec. 18 vs. Minnesota: Tallied 22 points, 11 assists, six rebounds and four blocks in a 103-92 win over the Timberwolves.
Dec. 20 @ Dallas: Posted 24 points, nine rebounds and five assists in a 110-95 victory over the Mavericks.
Dec. 22 vs. Utah: Posted 30 points, nine rebounds and seven assists in a 105-89 win over the Jazz.
Chris Paul, Los Angeles Clippers
Dec. 19 vs. New Orleans: Posted 10 points, 12 assists and five rebounds in a 93-77 win over the Hornets.
Dec. 21 vs. Sacramento: Tallied 24 points, 13 assists, five rebounds and five steals in a 97-85 win over the Kings.
Dec. 23 @ Phoenix: Collected 17 points, 13 assists and five steals in a 103-77 win over the Suns.
Tough to argue with these two guys being selected.
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 2
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 12
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 20
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 34