Dec 22, 2012, 7:31 PM EDT
Fans love the food give-a-ways. “We want ta-cos” chants and people yelling for pizza are the norm.
In Philadelphia, the giveaway is Big Macs — if the Sixers win and score 100 points everyone gets a free Big Mac coupon.
Which brings us to the video above. Philly has 99 points and is going to beat a Hawks team with 80. There are 23.7 seconds left and Philly doesn’t need to shoot again. Old school Doug Collins tells his players to dribble it out. The best part of the video is watching Evan Turner pointing at Collins and telling the fans it’s not his call. Great video via the 700 Level.
Then, via Dan Gelston of the AP, we have this tweet (thanks to Deadspin):
Ha! Doug Collins has the public address announcer tell the crowd Big Macs are on him!
— Dan Gelston (@APgelston) December 22, 2012
I wasn’t at that game, but if I see Doug Collins around town somewhere I am going to make him buy a Big Mac on the spot.
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 22
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 61
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 71
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8