Dec 22, 2012, 7:31 PM EDT
Fans love the food give-a-ways. “We want ta-cos” chants and people yelling for pizza are the norm.
In Philadelphia, the giveaway is Big Macs — if the Sixers win and score 100 points everyone gets a free Big Mac coupon.
Which brings us to the video above. Philly has 99 points and is going to beat a Hawks team with 80. There are 23.7 seconds left and Philly doesn’t need to shoot again. Old school Doug Collins tells his players to dribble it out. The best part of the video is watching Evan Turner pointing at Collins and telling the fans it’s not his call. Great video via the 700 Level.
Then, via Dan Gelston of the AP, we have this tweet (thanks to Deadspin):
Ha! Doug Collins has the public address announcer tell the crowd Big Macs are on him!
— Dan Gelston (@APgelston) December 22, 2012
I wasn’t at that game, but if I see Doug Collins around town somewhere I am going to make him buy a Big Mac on the spot.
- Tuesday NBA grades: Chris Paul looks playoff ready 0
- Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, Knicks shut him down for season 13
- Celtics’ legend Cedric Maxwell stood in location of Boston Marathon bombing just minutes before 1
- 2014 PBT Awards: Executive of the Year 25
- Playoff Chase: We know all 16 teams going to dance, who dances with whom still up in air 13