Dec 22, 2012, 7:31 PM EST
Fans love the food give-a-ways. “We want ta-cos” chants and people yelling for pizza are the norm.
In Philadelphia, the giveaway is Big Macs — if the Sixers win and score 100 points everyone gets a free Big Mac coupon.
Which brings us to the video above. Philly has 99 points and is going to beat a Hawks team with 80. There are 23.7 seconds left and Philly doesn’t need to shoot again. Old school Doug Collins tells his players to dribble it out. The best part of the video is watching Evan Turner pointing at Collins and telling the fans it’s not his call. Great video via the 700 Level.
Then, via Dan Gelston of the AP, we have this tweet (thanks to Deadspin):
Ha! Doug Collins has the public address announcer tell the crowd Big Macs are on him!
— Dan Gelston (@APgelston) December 22, 2012
I wasn’t at that game, but if I see Doug Collins around town somewhere I am going to make him buy a Big Mac on the spot.
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 2
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 14
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 12
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 15
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17