Dec 22, 2012, 7:31 PM EDT
Fans love the food give-a-ways. “We want ta-cos” chants and people yelling for pizza are the norm.
In Philadelphia, the giveaway is Big Macs — if the Sixers win and score 100 points everyone gets a free Big Mac coupon.
Which brings us to the video above. Philly has 99 points and is going to beat a Hawks team with 80. There are 23.7 seconds left and Philly doesn’t need to shoot again. Old school Doug Collins tells his players to dribble it out. The best part of the video is watching Evan Turner pointing at Collins and telling the fans it’s not his call. Great video via the 700 Level.
Then, via Dan Gelston of the AP, we have this tweet (thanks to Deadspin):
Ha! Doug Collins has the public address announcer tell the crowd Big Macs are on him!
— Dan Gelston (@APgelston) December 22, 2012
I wasn’t at that game, but if I see Doug Collins around town somewhere I am going to make him buy a Big Mac on the spot.
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 17
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 47
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 7
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 13
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 36
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19