Dec 22, 2012, 7:31 PM EDT
Fans love the food give-a-ways. “We want ta-cos” chants and people yelling for pizza are the norm.
In Philadelphia, the giveaway is Big Macs — if the Sixers win and score 100 points everyone gets a free Big Mac coupon.
Which brings us to the video above. Philly has 99 points and is going to beat a Hawks team with 80. There are 23.7 seconds left and Philly doesn’t need to shoot again. Old school Doug Collins tells his players to dribble it out. The best part of the video is watching Evan Turner pointing at Collins and telling the fans it’s not his call. Great video via the 700 Level.
Then, via Dan Gelston of the AP, we have this tweet (thanks to Deadspin):
Ha! Doug Collins has the public address announcer tell the crowd Big Macs are on him!
— Dan Gelston (@APgelston) December 22, 2012
I wasn’t at that game, but if I see Doug Collins around town somewhere I am going to make him buy a Big Mac on the spot.
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 9
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 29
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 30
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8