Dec 22, 2012, 11:08 AM EDT
But in a vintage Knicks mode, they are being secretive about the foot injury keeping him out. Now the Daily News is reporting it may be a stress fracture.
Rasheed Wallace’s mysterious “sore foot” injury is really a stress fracture, according to a Knicks source.
Officially, the team is listing Wallace’s status as day-to-day, but privately it is optimistic that the injury won’t sideline the veteran forward for an extended period of time. …The hope is that he’ll be back at some point after the Knicks’ three-game West Coast trip that begins on Christmas Day against the Lakers in Los Angeles. Wallace, who has missed six games overall because of his foot injury, is using a walking boot on his left foot.
This would make a lot of sense and seems to fit the pattern of his absence. The Knicks are being secretive about this because… it’s a matter of national security? I don’t know. It’s a midseason foot injury to a role player. But it is the Knicks. Whatever.
Wallace is averaging 7.2 points a game shooting 38.8 percent overall and 32.4 percent from three. His value as a big who can stretch the floor and create space for guys to slash inside has been greater than just the numbers show. Plus, Wallace has provided an entertainment value this season few can match. The game is more fun when he is yelling “ball don’t lie.”
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 14
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43