Dec 22, 2012, 11:08 AM EDT
But in a vintage Knicks mode, they are being secretive about the foot injury keeping him out. Now the Daily News is reporting it may be a stress fracture.
Rasheed Wallace’s mysterious “sore foot” injury is really a stress fracture, according to a Knicks source.
Officially, the team is listing Wallace’s status as day-to-day, but privately it is optimistic that the injury won’t sideline the veteran forward for an extended period of time. …The hope is that he’ll be back at some point after the Knicks’ three-game West Coast trip that begins on Christmas Day against the Lakers in Los Angeles. Wallace, who has missed six games overall because of his foot injury, is using a walking boot on his left foot.
This would make a lot of sense and seems to fit the pattern of his absence. The Knicks are being secretive about this because… it’s a matter of national security? I don’t know. It’s a midseason foot injury to a role player. But it is the Knicks. Whatever.
Wallace is averaging 7.2 points a game shooting 38.8 percent overall and 32.4 percent from three. His value as a big who can stretch the floor and create space for guys to slash inside has been greater than just the numbers show. Plus, Wallace has provided an entertainment value this season few can match. The game is more fun when he is yelling “ball don’t lie.”
- Metta World Peace says Howard isn’t going anywhere because he has a hold on his… um… those 15
- In praise of the brilliant, baffling Manu Ginobili 19
- If Doc is out, who is in for Celtics? Maybe Del Negro, Frank 15
- Where does Celtics’ Rivers, Garnett trade to Clippers stand? They’re talking. 28
- Boris Diaw’s defense slowed LeBron down. I know, right? 26
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (77)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Report: Clippers, Celtics talks to send Garnett, Rivers to L.A. stalled (72)
- Reports: Jason Kidd finalizes deal, will be Nets new coach (62)
- Bruins stymie Blackhawks, take Game 3
- Survival and heartbreak at US Open
- PHT: Hossa day to day with upper-body injury
- Protesters back in streets of Brazilian cities
- Posnanski: More Open heartbreak for Mickelson
- Radio hosts fired for mocking ex-NFL player with ALS
- PBT: Unheralded Green could steal NBA Finals MVP