Dec 22, 2012, 5:01 PM EDT
Midway through the first quarter against the Magic Friday night Raptors prized rookie Jonas Valanciunas was scrambling for a loose rebound on the ground and came up grabbing his finger.
Turns he broke the ring finger on his right hand and is going to be out indefinitely.
On the season, Valanciunas is averaging 7.8 points per game on 52 percent shooting with 5.3 rebounds a game. But Valanciunas has improved steadily over the course of the season (even though he is seeing his minutes drop). He shot 46 percent his first 10 games but that was up to 59 percent his last eight (but he is playing a smaller role in the offense). He also has been playing better defense of late.
He’s a rookie starting to figure it out. And now we can put that on pause for a month. Sorry Raptors fans.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 20
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 20
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 12
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 49