Dec 22, 2012, 5:01 PM EDT
Midway through the first quarter against the Magic Friday night Raptors prized rookie Jonas Valanciunas was scrambling for a loose rebound on the ground and came up grabbing his finger.
Turns he broke the ring finger on his right hand and is going to be out indefinitely.
On the season, Valanciunas is averaging 7.8 points per game on 52 percent shooting with 5.3 rebounds a game. But Valanciunas has improved steadily over the course of the season (even though he is seeing his minutes drop). He shot 46 percent his first 10 games but that was up to 59 percent his last eight (but he is playing a smaller role in the offense). He also has been playing better defense of late.
He’s a rookie starting to figure it out. And now we can put that on pause for a month. Sorry Raptors fans.
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 10
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Hibbert said he will speak up in future, demand to be in game at end 10
- Chris Andersen complements Heat’s Big Three so well 24
- Pacers’ coach Vogel explains decision to bench Hibbert late, says ‘we’ll probably have him in next time’ 16
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (76)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement