Dec 22, 2012, 5:01 PM EDT
Midway through the first quarter against the Magic Friday night Raptors prized rookie Jonas Valanciunas was scrambling for a loose rebound on the ground and came up grabbing his finger.
Turns he broke the ring finger on his right hand and is going to be out indefinitely.
On the season, Valanciunas is averaging 7.8 points per game on 52 percent shooting with 5.3 rebounds a game. But Valanciunas has improved steadily over the course of the season (even though he is seeing his minutes drop). He shot 46 percent his first 10 games but that was up to 59 percent his last eight (but he is playing a smaller role in the offense). He also has been playing better defense of late.
He’s a rookie starting to figure it out. And now we can put that on pause for a month. Sorry Raptors fans.
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 0
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 11
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 7
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 66
- Mario Chalmers: “I never thought anybody would want to leave Miami for Cleveland” 65
- Las Vegas Summer League review: How did Andrew Wiggins, other lottery picks fare? 14
- Report: Knicks open to trading Iman Shumpert or J.R. Smith 29
- Top seven free agents still on the market 49