Dec 22, 2012, 5:01 PM EDT
Midway through the first quarter against the Magic Friday night Raptors prized rookie Jonas Valanciunas was scrambling for a loose rebound on the ground and came up grabbing his finger.
Turns he broke the ring finger on his right hand and is going to be out indefinitely.
On the season, Valanciunas is averaging 7.8 points per game on 52 percent shooting with 5.3 rebounds a game. But Valanciunas has improved steadily over the course of the season (even though he is seeing his minutes drop). He shot 46 percent his first 10 games but that was up to 59 percent his last eight (but he is playing a smaller role in the offense). He also has been playing better defense of late.
He’s a rookie starting to figure it out. And now we can put that on pause for a month. Sorry Raptors fans.
- Paul George tweets: “I’ll be ok and be back better than ever” 0
- Paul George leaves USA Basketball Showcase with severe lower leg injury, remainder of scrimmage canceled 74
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 24
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 10
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49