Dec 21, 2012, 5:34 PM EDT
Steve Nash watch has reached its final days — sometime in the next few days Nash is going to be back on the court as a Laker.
The only question is Saturday against Golden State or Christmas Day against the Knicks? Nash hinted Christmas, as reported by Mark Medina at the Daily News.
“There’s probably a low chance tomorrow,” Nash said following practice here at the Lakers’ facility. “But I’m definitely playing on Christmas for sure.”
There is a school of thought that Nash intends to play Saturday but is downplaying expectations — better to say “low chance” and play than to say “ready to go” then feel tight on Saturday and not. He might well be out there Saturday night.
He will make a big impact with the Lakers — they are playing Chris Duhon and Darius Morris at the point. Even 80 percent of 38-year-old Nash is a big improvement. He doesn’t solve all their problems, but he’s an improvement.
With Pau Gasol already back whenever Nash returns we can start the clock on the “so, how good are the Lakers really?” watch, which is followed a month later by the Gasol trade frenzy.
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 1
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 36
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 38