Dec 21, 2012, 5:34 PM EDT
Steve Nash watch has reached its final days — sometime in the next few days Nash is going to be back on the court as a Laker.
The only question is Saturday against Golden State or Christmas Day against the Knicks? Nash hinted Christmas, as reported by Mark Medina at the Daily News.
“There’s probably a low chance tomorrow,” Nash said following practice here at the Lakers’ facility. “But I’m definitely playing on Christmas for sure.”
There is a school of thought that Nash intends to play Saturday but is downplaying expectations — better to say “low chance” and play than to say “ready to go” then feel tight on Saturday and not. He might well be out there Saturday night.
He will make a big impact with the Lakers — they are playing Chris Duhon and Darius Morris at the point. Even 80 percent of 38-year-old Nash is a big improvement. He doesn’t solve all their problems, but he’s an improvement.
With Pau Gasol already back whenever Nash returns we can start the clock on the “so, how good are the Lakers really?” watch, which is followed a month later by the Gasol trade frenzy.
- Report: Klay Thompson’s camp ‘frustrated’ Warriors have yet to offer a max contract extension 6
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 43
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 19
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70