Dec 21, 2012, 5:34 PM EDT
Steve Nash watch has reached its final days — sometime in the next few days Nash is going to be back on the court as a Laker.
The only question is Saturday against Golden State or Christmas Day against the Knicks? Nash hinted Christmas, as reported by Mark Medina at the Daily News.
“There’s probably a low chance tomorrow,” Nash said following practice here at the Lakers’ facility. “But I’m definitely playing on Christmas for sure.”
There is a school of thought that Nash intends to play Saturday but is downplaying expectations — better to say “low chance” and play than to say “ready to go” then feel tight on Saturday and not. He might well be out there Saturday night.
He will make a big impact with the Lakers — they are playing Chris Duhon and Darius Morris at the point. Even 80 percent of 38-year-old Nash is a big improvement. He doesn’t solve all their problems, but he’s an improvement.
With Pau Gasol already back whenever Nash returns we can start the clock on the “so, how good are the Lakers really?” watch, which is followed a month later by the Gasol trade frenzy.
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 0
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 26
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 9
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 25
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 26
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 23