Dec 21, 2012, 5:34 PM EDT
Steve Nash watch has reached its final days — sometime in the next few days Nash is going to be back on the court as a Laker.
The only question is Saturday against Golden State or Christmas Day against the Knicks? Nash hinted Christmas, as reported by Mark Medina at the Daily News.
“There’s probably a low chance tomorrow,” Nash said following practice here at the Lakers’ facility. “But I’m definitely playing on Christmas for sure.”
There is a school of thought that Nash intends to play Saturday but is downplaying expectations — better to say “low chance” and play than to say “ready to go” then feel tight on Saturday and not. He might well be out there Saturday night.
He will make a big impact with the Lakers — they are playing Chris Duhon and Darius Morris at the point. Even 80 percent of 38-year-old Nash is a big improvement. He doesn’t solve all their problems, but he’s an improvement.
With Pau Gasol already back whenever Nash returns we can start the clock on the “so, how good are the Lakers really?” watch, which is followed a month later by the Gasol trade frenzy.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 10
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 17
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 7
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 6
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3