Dec 21, 2012, 5:34 PM EDT
Steve Nash watch has reached its final days — sometime in the next few days Nash is going to be back on the court as a Laker.
The only question is Saturday against Golden State or Christmas Day against the Knicks? Nash hinted Christmas, as reported by Mark Medina at the Daily News.
“There’s probably a low chance tomorrow,” Nash said following practice here at the Lakers’ facility. “But I’m definitely playing on Christmas for sure.”
There is a school of thought that Nash intends to play Saturday but is downplaying expectations — better to say “low chance” and play than to say “ready to go” then feel tight on Saturday and not. He might well be out there Saturday night.
He will make a big impact with the Lakers — they are playing Chris Duhon and Darius Morris at the point. Even 80 percent of 38-year-old Nash is a big improvement. He doesn’t solve all their problems, but he’s an improvement.
With Pau Gasol already back whenever Nash returns we can start the clock on the “so, how good are the Lakers really?” watch, which is followed a month later by the Gasol trade frenzy.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 0
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 12
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 48
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17