Dec 21, 2012, 12:11 PM EDT
Jrue Holiday — who has been the focal point of the Philadelphia offense for most of the season — has missed the last four games with a sprained foot. That he’s not totally sure how he got. Nonetheless the result has been four 76ers losses.
See Sixers fans, players do come back from injury. It can happen. (By the way, Andrew Bynum is expected to meet with the media before Friday’s game).
Holiday is leading the team in just about every statistical category including points (18.4 per game), assists (8.9), shot attempts (16.3) and minutes (38.5). With Bynum not around, Holiday has become the focal point of the offense for the Sixers. Getting him back is good. Especially since after the Hawks the Sixers head out on an eight-game road trip that includes Memphis, Golden State, the Lakers, Oklahoma City and San Antonio.
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 6
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 2
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 22
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 6