Dec 20, 2012, 10:59 AM EST
That was on full display Wednesday night against what passes as defense from the Nets. You could see it coming after a while, the help to stop the penetrating guard and nobody rotating to help on Chandler as he rolls to the rim. The fans at Madison Square Garden saw it coming. Everyone saw it coming but the Nets defenders.
What helps make this work is the way Carmelo Anthony is playing at the four — he spaces the floor, demands attention and makes it a long run for anyone to help off him. Not that you want to help off him. It is this ‘Melo playing within the offense, even as a decoy at times, and not demanding them stopping the ball, that is a key part of how he and the Knicks have grown.
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 6
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 11
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 22
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 40
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 5