Dec 20, 2012, 6:49 PM EST
Oh, the basketball gods can be cruel with their irony.
Minnesota sighed Josh Howard in mid-November because they were shorthanded with injuries (Kevin Love’s hand, Ricky Rubio’s knee, Chase Budinger’s knee, Brandon Roy’s knees, J.J. Barea’s foot, and Nikola Pekovic’s ankle.
But just as they started to get those guys back, Howard suffered a torn right ACL a win over the Hornets last Friday night.
So Thursday, the Timberwolves waived Howard due to his injury.
Howard got into 11 games for the Timberwolves, played 18.8 minutes a night and gave them 6.7 points a game on 40 percent shooting. He was the same player he has been the past couple years, which is not at all like the 2009 and before Howard.
With the players the Timberwolves are getting back healthy, they will not miss him much on the court.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 1
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 28
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 58
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13
- Mavericks suspend Rajon Rondo one game after argument with coach Rick Carlisle 44