Dec 20, 2012, 6:49 PM EST
Oh, the basketball gods can be cruel with their irony.
Minnesota sighed Josh Howard in mid-November because they were shorthanded with injuries (Kevin Love’s hand, Ricky Rubio’s knee, Chase Budinger’s knee, Brandon Roy’s knees, J.J. Barea’s foot, and Nikola Pekovic’s ankle.
But just as they started to get those guys back, Howard suffered a torn right ACL a win over the Hornets last Friday night.
So Thursday, the Timberwolves waived Howard due to his injury.
Howard got into 11 games for the Timberwolves, played 18.8 minutes a night and gave them 6.7 points a game on 40 percent shooting. He was the same player he has been the past couple years, which is not at all like the 2009 and before Howard.
With the players the Timberwolves are getting back healthy, they will not miss him much on the court.
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 8: Kobe Bryant returns 0
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Cavaliers shouldn’t hit panic button, may want to locate it 2
- Carmelo Anthony sits out second half vs. Portland with sore knee 5
- LeBron, after Cavaliers lose by 23 at home to Pistons: ‘Right now we are not very good. In every aspect of the game’ 43
- Paul Pierce ‘shocked’ by Celtics trade of Rajon Rondo to Mavericks 16
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 16
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 30
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 22