Dec 20, 2012, 6:49 PM EDT
Oh, the basketball gods can be cruel with their irony.
Minnesota sighed Josh Howard in mid-November because they were shorthanded with injuries (Kevin Love’s hand, Ricky Rubio’s knee, Chase Budinger’s knee, Brandon Roy’s knees, J.J. Barea’s foot, and Nikola Pekovic’s ankle.
But just as they started to get those guys back, Howard suffered a torn right ACL a win over the Hornets last Friday night.
So Thursday, the Timberwolves waived Howard due to his injury.
Howard got into 11 games for the Timberwolves, played 18.8 minutes a night and gave them 6.7 points a game on 40 percent shooting. He was the same player he has been the past couple years, which is not at all like the 2009 and before Howard.
With the players the Timberwolves are getting back healthy, they will not miss him much on the court.
- Sunday NBA grades: Golden State’s Curry, Thompson put on a show 0
- Heat execute in final minutes, Rockets still learning, fall in Miami 16
- Doc Rivers, Clippers players oppose raising NBA’s age limit 23
- Report: LeBron ‘will look at’ Knicks in free agency now that Phil Jackson is in place 69
- Phil Jackson to Knicks could work. It probably won’t, but it could. 32