Dec 20, 2012, 3:52 PM EST
I love that NBA teams are starting to use the D-League like a real minor league, like MLB teams use their farm clubs. For things like rehab assignments after injury.
He is expected to be activated for the Spurs game on Friday against the Hornets. That means James Anderson has been waived.
Leonard has only played in nine games for the Spurs this season as he has battled knee tendonitis. He has averaged 10.6 points and 5.4 rebounds in the games he played, but where he really shines for them is on the defensive end.
He’ll be back with the Spurs soon, they will plug him in and he will shine and win them some games. Because that is always what happens with the Spurs, doesn’t it?
- Thursday night NBA Grades: Mike Woodson is allowed to exhale 0
- Knicks snap nine-game losing streak by crushing depleted Nets 1
- David Stern issues statement on passing of Nelson Mandela, players take to twitter 6
- Kobe Bryant sounds close to return, will not offer specific date 5
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 14
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (36)