Dec 20, 2012, 8:45 PM EDT
Minnesota thought they had lost Michael Lee for a while, but a while may be the end of the season due to the dreaded microfracture surgery.
Lee had been out indefinitely with a chrondal injury in his right knee (that involves the ligaments that cover each end of the bone in the knee) but Jerry Zogoda suggested the Star-Tribune it is more serious than had been let on.
And there’s a good chance Lee needs surgery — possibly micro-fracture surgery, like Rashad McCants had many years ago — and will be lost for the season.
Hopefully Lee would bounce back better than McCants did, but it is a serious surgery. Lee had started a few games after Brandon Roy went down, he can defend but on the other end he is less of a help, averaging 4.9 points on 38.2 percent shooting.
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 8
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 43
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 54
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 70
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 37
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16