Dec 20, 2012, 8:45 PM EDT
Minnesota thought they had lost Michael Lee for a while, but a while may be the end of the season due to the dreaded microfracture surgery.
Lee had been out indefinitely with a chrondal injury in his right knee (that involves the ligaments that cover each end of the bone in the knee) but Jerry Zogoda suggested the Star-Tribune it is more serious than had been let on.
And there’s a good chance Lee needs surgery — possibly micro-fracture surgery, like Rashad McCants had many years ago — and will be lost for the season.
Hopefully Lee would bounce back better than McCants did, but it is a serious surgery. Lee had started a few games after Brandon Roy went down, he can defend but on the other end he is less of a help, averaging 4.9 points on 38.2 percent shooting.
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 0
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 1
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8