Dec 20, 2012, 8:45 PM EDT
Minnesota thought they had lost Michael Lee for a while, but a while may be the end of the season due to the dreaded microfracture surgery.
Lee had been out indefinitely with a chrondal injury in his right knee (that involves the ligaments that cover each end of the bone in the knee) but Jerry Zogoda suggested the Star-Tribune it is more serious than had been let on.
And there’s a good chance Lee needs surgery — possibly micro-fracture surgery, like Rashad McCants had many years ago — and will be lost for the season.
Hopefully Lee would bounce back better than McCants did, but it is a serious surgery. Lee had started a few games after Brandon Roy went down, he can defend but on the other end he is less of a help, averaging 4.9 points on 38.2 percent shooting.
- Son tweets Craig Sager has acute leukemia 5
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 6
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 22
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 42
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 50