Dec 20, 2012, 8:45 PM EDT
Minnesota thought they had lost Michael Lee for a while, but a while may be the end of the season due to the dreaded microfracture surgery.
Lee had been out indefinitely with a chrondal injury in his right knee (that involves the ligaments that cover each end of the bone in the knee) but Jerry Zogoda suggested the Star-Tribune it is more serious than had been let on.
And there’s a good chance Lee needs surgery — possibly micro-fracture surgery, like Rashad McCants had many years ago — and will be lost for the season.
Hopefully Lee would bounce back better than McCants did, but it is a serious surgery. Lee had started a few games after Brandon Roy went down, he can defend but on the other end he is less of a help, averaging 4.9 points on 38.2 percent shooting.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 11
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9