Dec 20, 2012, 8:45 PM EDT
Minnesota thought they had lost Michael Lee for a while, but a while may be the end of the season due to the dreaded microfracture surgery.
Lee had been out indefinitely with a chrondal injury in his right knee (that involves the ligaments that cover each end of the bone in the knee) but Jerry Zogoda suggested the Star-Tribune it is more serious than had been let on.
And there’s a good chance Lee needs surgery — possibly micro-fracture surgery, like Rashad McCants had many years ago — and will be lost for the season.
Hopefully Lee would bounce back better than McCants did, but it is a serious surgery. Lee had started a few games after Brandon Roy went down, he can defend but on the other end he is less of a help, averaging 4.9 points on 38.2 percent shooting.
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 4
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 16
- FIBA World Cup USA vs. Serbia preview: Serbia no pushover but Americans should grab gold 4
- France beats Lithuania to win World Cup bronze 6
- Carmelo Anthony says nobody would want to play for Hawks 20
- Rudy Gay upset over ‘dirty play’ that caused him to suffer a fractured jaw in Team USA’s win over Lithuania 17
- Serbia holds off furious French comeback, wins to advance to gold medal game vs. USA 4
- Hawks GM Danny Ferry releases statement on his leave of absence, apologizes again 6