Dec 20, 2012, 1:21 PM EST
Well, this was about the best outcome that could be hoped for by Magic fans.
Glen Davis, the heart of Orlando’s interior game, will be out for a bit with a sprained left shoulder suffered Wednesday night. There is no timetable for his return just plans for some rest. But there is no structural damage, the team announced on their Web site.
“After further evaluation by our medical staff, Glen Davis has been diagnosed with a left shoulder sprain,’’ Magic General Manager Rob Hennigan said in a statement on Thursday. “The MRI showed no significant structural damage. He will be treated non-operatively. Treatment will include rest and subsequent strengthening of the muscles around his shoulder. His return will depend on progress made during his rehabilitation.’’
He’s going to be out for four to six weeks, according to multiple reports. That’s not ideal.
But if the damage were structural he could have been out most or all of the rest of the season. So in the end, this is good news. Apparently the shoulder dislocated but was popped back into place by team doctors.
Davis is averaging 16 points and 7.9 rebounds a game, having his best season as a pro since taking Dwight Howard’s spot in the low post for Orlando.
In the short term, expect to see more of rookie Andrew Nicholson.
- Wednesday night NBA Grades: LaMarcus Aldridge is a flat out stud 2
- Arena evacuated after fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 12
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 11
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 5
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 25
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)