Dec 20, 2012, 9:55 PM EDT
Kevin Durant is a scorer in a true sense of the word. The man can get buckets in virtually every way imaginable, including by using every part of the basket to get a shot to go down, as he did while converting this and-1 play in the third quarter of his team’s loss in Minnesota on Thursday.
Durant drives left, before crashing into Luke Ridnour who was trying to get in place to draw a charge. The officials ruled he got there late, and Durant fought through the contact to force the shot up, one that found its way through the hoop for two after rolling along the top of the backboard first.
Incredible shot from Durant, but I couldn’t help but think about how that would have went down at the pickup ball level. I don’t know about you, but not everyone I regularly play with has a great grasp of the rules on plays like these, and this would have been an argument of no less than 15 minutes as the two teams tried to figure out if this shot should have indeed counted, as dictated by the official rules of the game.
[via Royce Young]
- LeBron James gets another triple-double, now favorite for Finals MVP 9
- ‘Devastated’ Manu Ginobili says he has no clue how Spurs will re-energize for Game 7 25
- Spurs execution fails them when it matters most. Can they get it back for Game 7? 9
- Heat force a Finals Game 7 with thrilling overtime win over Spurs 16
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 103
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (104)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Pats' Hernandez questioned in murder case
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut