Dec 20, 2012, 8:04 PM EDT
In this latest spot from the NBA, we see Kevin Durant‘s mother Wanda Pratt, standing and cheering for her son in slow-motion, black-and-white video footage.
Durant has the voice-over covered, and between the music and his words, we are painted an emotional picture.
“It’s so surreal, it’s a blessing to look around and see all of this,” he says. “To be honest, I didn’t think I would be here. You were the only one who really believed in me, that I could do it from Day One, was my Mom.”
We don’t even see Durant until about 23 seconds in, and even then it’s just a closeup of his face. The message is a powerful one, summed up succinctly in three words which finish the spot: Family is BIG.
Expect to see this one running regularly around the holidays.
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 5
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 12
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 13
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 10
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 13
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 61