Dec 20, 2012, 8:04 PM EDT
In this latest spot from the NBA, we see Kevin Durant‘s mother Wanda Pratt, standing and cheering for her son in slow-motion, black-and-white video footage.
Durant has the voice-over covered, and between the music and his words, we are painted an emotional picture.
“It’s so surreal, it’s a blessing to look around and see all of this,” he says. “To be honest, I didn’t think I would be here. You were the only one who really believed in me, that I could do it from Day One, was my Mom.”
We don’t even see Durant until about 23 seconds in, and even then it’s just a closeup of his face. The message is a powerful one, summed up succinctly in three words which finish the spot: Family is BIG.
Expect to see this one running regularly around the holidays.
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 0
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 26
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 9
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 25
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 26
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 23