Dec 20, 2012, 8:04 PM EDT
In this latest spot from the NBA, we see Kevin Durant‘s mother Wanda Pratt, standing and cheering for her son in slow-motion, black-and-white video footage.
Durant has the voice-over covered, and between the music and his words, we are painted an emotional picture.
“It’s so surreal, it’s a blessing to look around and see all of this,” he says. “To be honest, I didn’t think I would be here. You were the only one who really believed in me, that I could do it from Day One, was my Mom.”
We don’t even see Durant until about 23 seconds in, and even then it’s just a closeup of his face. The message is a powerful one, summed up succinctly in three words which finish the spot: Family is BIG.
Expect to see this one running regularly around the holidays.
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 65
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 56
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6