Dec 20, 2012, 8:04 PM EDT
In this latest spot from the NBA, we see Kevin Durant‘s mother Wanda Pratt, standing and cheering for her son in slow-motion, black-and-white video footage.
Durant has the voice-over covered, and between the music and his words, we are painted an emotional picture.
“It’s so surreal, it’s a blessing to look around and see all of this,” he says. “To be honest, I didn’t think I would be here. You were the only one who really believed in me, that I could do it from Day One, was my Mom.”
We don’t even see Durant until about 23 seconds in, and even then it’s just a closeup of his face. The message is a powerful one, summed up succinctly in three words which finish the spot: Family is BIG.
Expect to see this one running regularly around the holidays.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 31
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 52