Dec 20, 2012, 8:04 PM EDT
In this latest spot from the NBA, we see Kevin Durant‘s mother Wanda Pratt, standing and cheering for her son in slow-motion, black-and-white video footage.
Durant has the voice-over covered, and between the music and his words, we are painted an emotional picture.
“It’s so surreal, it’s a blessing to look around and see all of this,” he says. “To be honest, I didn’t think I would be here. You were the only one who really believed in me, that I could do it from Day One, was my Mom.”
We don’t even see Durant until about 23 seconds in, and even then it’s just a closeup of his face. The message is a powerful one, summed up succinctly in three words which finish the spot: Family is BIG.
Expect to see this one running regularly around the holidays.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 2
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48