Dec 20, 2012, 10:54 PM EST
LeBron has always playfully flirted with the idea of strapping on the pads, and tonight he gave us a little taste of how easy he could make the life of a quarterback (non-New York Jets division) if he gave up the NBA for the NFL. As you probably already know, LeBron is 6-foot-8 and can jump out of the gym, and with some of the league’s greatest tight ends (Antonio Gates, Tony Gonzalez, Jimmy Graham) making the successful transfer from basketball to professional football, it does make you think just how good some of the league’s best talents could have been playing other sports. What if Allen Iverson pursued football (where he was a star quarterback) instead of basketball? What if Eric Bledsoe played cornerback? It’s pretty fun to think about.
While we may never see LeBron on the gridiron, he still gives us glimpses of what he could do. Watch what LeBron does when Dwyane Wade sends him on a deep route against the Mavs:
- Report: D.J. Augustin reaches deal with Chicago Bulls 0
- PBT Extra: Talking Pacers win over Heat; Aldridge vs. Howard showdown 5
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 9
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 9
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 11