Dec 20, 2012, 12:54 PM EDT
Derek Fisher has been getting a lot of run at the point for Dallas — 27.9 minutes a night. And that he’s getting that while shooting 35.5 percent, turning the ball over on nearly 15 percent of the possessions he uses and not defending all that well — speaks to just what coach Rick Carlisle thinks of Darren Collison.
But Collison is going to get a boost in minutes because a right patellar tendon strain is going to keep Fisher out Thursday night and a few games after that, tweets Tim MacMahon of ESPNDallas.com.
Mavs announce that Derek Fisher will miss at least three games and be re-evaluated next week.
— Tim MacMahon (@espn_macmahon) December 20, 2012
What really matters in Dallas is that Dirk Nowitzki is practicing with the team and getting closer to a return. That — along with O.J. Mayo’s three point shooting — are the key to the rest of the Mavs season, not which guy is playing poorly at point guard.
- Report: Michael Beasley reaches agreement with Memphis Grizzlies 0
- Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment 4
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 2
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 19
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14