Dec 20, 2012, 12:54 PM EDT
Derek Fisher has been getting a lot of run at the point for Dallas — 27.9 minutes a night. And that he’s getting that while shooting 35.5 percent, turning the ball over on nearly 15 percent of the possessions he uses and not defending all that well — speaks to just what coach Rick Carlisle thinks of Darren Collison.
But Collison is going to get a boost in minutes because a right patellar tendon strain is going to keep Fisher out Thursday night and a few games after that, tweets Tim MacMahon of ESPNDallas.com.
Mavs announce that Derek Fisher will miss at least three games and be re-evaluated next week.
— Tim MacMahon (@espn_macmahon) December 20, 2012
What really matters in Dallas is that Dirk Nowitzki is practicing with the team and getting closer to a return. That — along with O.J. Mayo’s three point shooting — are the key to the rest of the Mavs season, not which guy is playing poorly at point guard.
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 15
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 55
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23