Dec 20, 2012, 12:54 PM EDT
Derek Fisher has been getting a lot of run at the point for Dallas — 27.9 minutes a night. And that he’s getting that while shooting 35.5 percent, turning the ball over on nearly 15 percent of the possessions he uses and not defending all that well — speaks to just what coach Rick Carlisle thinks of Darren Collison.
But Collison is going to get a boost in minutes because a right patellar tendon strain is going to keep Fisher out Thursday night and a few games after that, tweets Tim MacMahon of ESPNDallas.com.
Mavs announce that Derek Fisher will miss at least three games and be re-evaluated next week.
— Tim MacMahon (@espn_macmahon) December 20, 2012
What really matters in Dallas is that Dirk Nowitzki is practicing with the team and getting closer to a return. That — along with O.J. Mayo’s three point shooting — are the key to the rest of the Mavs season, not which guy is playing poorly at point guard.
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 1
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 1
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 14
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18
- Bulls pull away in double-overtime to take 3-0 lead over Bucks 10