Dec 20, 2012, 12:54 PM EDT
Derek Fisher has been getting a lot of run at the point for Dallas — 27.9 minutes a night. And that he’s getting that while shooting 35.5 percent, turning the ball over on nearly 15 percent of the possessions he uses and not defending all that well — speaks to just what coach Rick Carlisle thinks of Darren Collison.
But Collison is going to get a boost in minutes because a right patellar tendon strain is going to keep Fisher out Thursday night and a few games after that, tweets Tim MacMahon of ESPNDallas.com.
Mavs announce that Derek Fisher will miss at least three games and be re-evaluated next week.
— Tim MacMahon (@espn_macmahon) December 20, 2012
What really matters in Dallas is that Dirk Nowitzki is practicing with the team and getting closer to a return. That — along with O.J. Mayo’s three point shooting — are the key to the rest of the Mavs season, not which guy is playing poorly at point guard.
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under two hours, players barely notice 0
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 9
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 6
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 30
- Suns coach Hornacek says shortening games won’t help teams rest their stars 2
- Lakers coach Byron Scott’s philosophy on three-pointers: ‘I don’t believe it wins championships’ 33
- Accounting for Klay Thompson choosing a contract extension over new-TV-deal money 2
- Kobe Bryant calls ESPN voters who ranked him No. 40 ‘idiots’ 34