Dec 20, 2012, 12:54 PM EST
Derek Fisher has been getting a lot of run at the point for Dallas — 27.9 minutes a night. And that he’s getting that while shooting 35.5 percent, turning the ball over on nearly 15 percent of the possessions he uses and not defending all that well — speaks to just what coach Rick Carlisle thinks of Darren Collison.
But Collison is going to get a boost in minutes because a right patellar tendon strain is going to keep Fisher out Thursday night and a few games after that, tweets Tim MacMahon of ESPNDallas.com.
Mavs announce that Derek Fisher will miss at least three games and be re-evaluated next week.
— Tim MacMahon (@espn_macmahon) December 20, 2012
What really matters in Dallas is that Dirk Nowitzki is practicing with the team and getting closer to a return. That — along with O.J. Mayo’s three point shooting — are the key to the rest of the Mavs season, not which guy is playing poorly at point guard.
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You may want to try and cover Marc Gasol 3
- Jimmy Butler on Derrick Rose: “We want him to be 100 percent” for the playoffs 10
- Report: Free agent market for Jeff Green is as strong ‘if not stronger’ than it is for Rajon Rondo 19
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 49
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 3
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11