Dec 19, 2012, 8:01 AM EDT
Damn. That dunk had the Staples Center crowd buzzing when it was replayed — and he just did that over their new hero.
Gerald Henderson cut down the lane and showed no fear going up over Dwight Howard with authority and dunking on the Lakers big man. Granted, Howard didn’t jump to defend it, but still, take a look at that. Also, lots of credit here to Bismack Biyombo for getting the offensive rebound and then making the good pass to Henderson.
I know what’s going to happen here — some of you will watch this and try to tell me it’s not a dunk because Henderson didn’t touch the rim. I think you’re wrong. To me a dunk is any shot where the player is making a downward trajectory with their arm above the rim — not a wrist flick like a hook shot but where the arm brings the ball down into the rim. Blake Griffin did a couple of these, and those were dunks, too. At least on my blog.
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 1
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 3
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 56
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 65
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 7
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 31