Dec 19, 2012, 8:01 AM EST
Damn. That dunk had the Staples Center crowd buzzing when it was replayed — and he just did that over their new hero.
Gerald Henderson cut down the lane and showed no fear going up over Dwight Howard with authority and dunking on the Lakers big man. Granted, Howard didn’t jump to defend it, but still, take a look at that. Also, lots of credit here to Bismack Biyombo for getting the offensive rebound and then making the good pass to Henderson.
I know what’s going to happen here — some of you will watch this and try to tell me it’s not a dunk because Henderson didn’t touch the rim. I think you’re wrong. To me a dunk is any shot where the player is making a downward trajectory with their arm above the rim — not a wrist flick like a hook shot but where the arm brings the ball down into the rim. Blake Griffin did a couple of these, and those were dunks, too. At least on my blog.
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 7
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 33
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 30
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 10
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5