Dec 19, 2012, 8:01 AM EDT
Damn. That dunk had the Staples Center crowd buzzing when it was replayed — and he just did that over their new hero.
Gerald Henderson cut down the lane and showed no fear going up over Dwight Howard with authority and dunking on the Lakers big man. Granted, Howard didn’t jump to defend it, but still, take a look at that. Also, lots of credit here to Bismack Biyombo for getting the offensive rebound and then making the good pass to Henderson.
I know what’s going to happen here — some of you will watch this and try to tell me it’s not a dunk because Henderson didn’t touch the rim. I think you’re wrong. To me a dunk is any shot where the player is making a downward trajectory with their arm above the rim — not a wrist flick like a hook shot but where the arm brings the ball down into the rim. Blake Griffin did a couple of these, and those were dunks, too. At least on my blog.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 20
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 38
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85