Dec 19, 2012, 8:01 AM EDT
Damn. That dunk had the Staples Center crowd buzzing when it was replayed — and he just did that over their new hero.
Gerald Henderson cut down the lane and showed no fear going up over Dwight Howard with authority and dunking on the Lakers big man. Granted, Howard didn’t jump to defend it, but still, take a look at that. Also, lots of credit here to Bismack Biyombo for getting the offensive rebound and then making the good pass to Henderson.
I know what’s going to happen here — some of you will watch this and try to tell me it’s not a dunk because Henderson didn’t touch the rim. I think you’re wrong. To me a dunk is any shot where the player is making a downward trajectory with their arm above the rim — not a wrist flick like a hook shot but where the arm brings the ball down into the rim. Blake Griffin did a couple of these, and those were dunks, too. At least on my blog.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 3
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48