Dec 19, 2012, 8:01 AM EDT
Damn. That dunk had the Staples Center crowd buzzing when it was replayed — and he just did that over their new hero.
Gerald Henderson cut down the lane and showed no fear going up over Dwight Howard with authority and dunking on the Lakers big man. Granted, Howard didn’t jump to defend it, but still, take a look at that. Also, lots of credit here to Bismack Biyombo for getting the offensive rebound and then making the good pass to Henderson.
I know what’s going to happen here — some of you will watch this and try to tell me it’s not a dunk because Henderson didn’t touch the rim. I think you’re wrong. To me a dunk is any shot where the player is making a downward trajectory with their arm above the rim — not a wrist flick like a hook shot but where the arm brings the ball down into the rim. Blake Griffin did a couple of these, and those were dunks, too. At least on my blog.
- Charlotte is scrappy but Heat have too much in comfortable 99-88 win 4
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 7
- NBA issues statement saying Chris Paul was fouled before late-game turnover against Warriors 15
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 29
- Thunder start fast, cruise to Game 1 win over Grizzlies 4