Dec 19, 2012, 1:45 PM EST
The Bulls are currently sitting at fourth place in the Eastern Conference standings, and have gotten there without any help form their injured All-Star point guard Derrick Rose.
It’s a testament to Chicago’s defense-first style, and to the coaching of Tom Thibodeau, who consistently utilizes the available playes in the right combinations to maximize his team’s chances.
Nate Robinson has been one of those players that has sparked the Bulls at times, most recently coming through with 18 points in 22 minutes off the bench in Tuesday night’s win over the Celtics. But he’s playing with a non-guaranteed contract, and that means the team could decide to let him go in the next few weeks.
The Bulls signed the veteran guard to a deal that doesn’t become fully guaranteed until Jan. 10. That means they can waive Robinson with no penalty any time before that date, an option that always has been under consideration internally.
[Marquis Teague‘s] development, not to mention Derrick Rose’s expected return, could make Robinson expendable.
There’s no question Robinson has some abilities, and his athleticism is beyond reproach. You just never know what you’re going to get from him on any given night, and if the Bulls believe that Teague, along with a healthy Rose later in the season, can provide a bit more consistency, then Robinson may indeed find himself looking for employment elsewhere.
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 4
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 9
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 44
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36
- If injury is serious, it would go against history for Kobe to be productive again 17
- Sixers’ leading scorer Tony Wroten suffers partially torn ACL, likely done for season 12