Dec 19, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
Jazz guard Jamaal Tinsley is a Brooklynite — born in the borough, went to Samuel J. Tilden High School in Brooklyn, he knows his way around.
Which was a good thing, because the Jazz’s team bus driver didn’t.
“(The bus driver) was kind of lost,” the Jazz backup point guard said, smiling. “He made about two left turns the wrong way and two right turns …”
“We could’ve been to the hotel a half-hour (earlier),” Tinsley recalled. “I thought we were staying at another hotel. I thought they knew something I didn’t know.”
Tinsley is a guy who had to go to the D-League to prove to doubters that he could still ball at an NBA level (and that the distractions of him in Indiana were a thing of the past). The Jazz took a shot with him and it worked, he’s giving them 19 minutes a game (although he is just shooting 31 percent this season).
He’s also giving them directions. Off the court.
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 15
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 44
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 53
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11