Dec 19, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
Jazz guard Jamaal Tinsley is a Brooklynite — born in the borough, went to Samuel J. Tilden High School in Brooklyn, he knows his way around.
Which was a good thing, because the Jazz’s team bus driver didn’t.
“(The bus driver) was kind of lost,” the Jazz backup point guard said, smiling. “He made about two left turns the wrong way and two right turns …”
“We could’ve been to the hotel a half-hour (earlier),” Tinsley recalled. “I thought we were staying at another hotel. I thought they knew something I didn’t know.”
Tinsley is a guy who had to go to the D-League to prove to doubters that he could still ball at an NBA level (and that the distractions of him in Indiana were a thing of the past). The Jazz took a shot with him and it worked, he’s giving them 19 minutes a game (although he is just shooting 31 percent this season).
He’s also giving them directions. Off the court.
- Kobe was never going to retire this summer, says so on twitter 0
- Spurs show they have too much offense for Grizzlies to handle in Game 1 destruction 3
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets 62
- Spurs would like to remind you they are very good, crush Grizzlies in Game 1 18
- LeBron takes offense to something that Pacers’ head coach Vogel didn’t actually say 45
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (84)
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (76)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay