Dec 19, 2012, 7:25 PM EST
Varejao was listed as inactive on the Cavaliers’ pregame lineup sheet.
The injury, which Cleveland listed as a bruised knee, caused him to go to the locker room for treatment before returning to action before halftime.
Varejao finished the game and ended up with 22 points and 10 rebounds in 39 minutes, but Cavs’ head coach Byron Scott seemed to know afterward that he’d be questionable for Wednesday.
“I’m still concerned,” Scott said. “Even though he played … we’ve got a flight, we’ve got another (game) tomorrow. We’ll see how he feels.”
Apparently not feeling well enough to go against a Celtics team that’s been reeling as of late, it’s probably wise not to risk aggravating the knee further on the second night of a back-to-back set.
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 4
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 6
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 21
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 39
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 5