Dec 19, 2012, 7:25 PM EDT
Varejao was listed as inactive on the Cavaliers’ pregame lineup sheet.
The injury, which Cleveland listed as a bruised knee, caused him to go to the locker room for treatment before returning to action before halftime.
Varejao finished the game and ended up with 22 points and 10 rebounds in 39 minutes, but Cavs’ head coach Byron Scott seemed to know afterward that he’d be questionable for Wednesday.
“I’m still concerned,” Scott said. “Even though he played … we’ve got a flight, we’ve got another (game) tomorrow. We’ll see how he feels.”
Apparently not feeling well enough to go against a Celtics team that’s been reeling as of late, it’s probably wise not to risk aggravating the knee further on the second night of a back-to-back set.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 18
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 36
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 38
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85