Dec 19, 2012, 7:25 PM EST
Varejao was listed as inactive on the Cavaliers’ pregame lineup sheet.
The injury, which Cleveland listed as a bruised knee, caused him to go to the locker room for treatment before returning to action before halftime.
Varejao finished the game and ended up with 22 points and 10 rebounds in 39 minutes, but Cavs’ head coach Byron Scott seemed to know afterward that he’d be questionable for Wednesday.
“I’m still concerned,” Scott said. “Even though he played … we’ve got a flight, we’ve got another (game) tomorrow. We’ll see how he feels.”
Apparently not feeling well enough to go against a Celtics team that’s been reeling as of late, it’s probably wise not to risk aggravating the knee further on the second night of a back-to-back set.
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 3
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 5
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 10
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 23
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 6
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 4
- The three biggest All-Star snubs in each conference 25
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 10