Dec 19, 2012, 7:25 PM EDT
Varejao was listed as inactive on the Cavaliers’ pregame lineup sheet.
The injury, which Cleveland listed as a bruised knee, caused him to go to the locker room for treatment before returning to action before halftime.
Varejao finished the game and ended up with 22 points and 10 rebounds in 39 minutes, but Cavs’ head coach Byron Scott seemed to know afterward that he’d be questionable for Wednesday.
“I’m still concerned,” Scott said. “Even though he played … we’ve got a flight, we’ve got another (game) tomorrow. We’ll see how he feels.”
Apparently not feeling well enough to go against a Celtics team that’s been reeling as of late, it’s probably wise not to risk aggravating the knee further on the second night of a back-to-back set.
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 11
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 37
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 49
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 17
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 9
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11