Dec 19, 2012, 7:25 PM EST
Varejao was listed as inactive on the Cavaliers’ pregame lineup sheet.
The injury, which Cleveland listed as a bruised knee, caused him to go to the locker room for treatment before returning to action before halftime.
Varejao finished the game and ended up with 22 points and 10 rebounds in 39 minutes, but Cavs’ head coach Byron Scott seemed to know afterward that he’d be questionable for Wednesday.
“I’m still concerned,” Scott said. “Even though he played … we’ve got a flight, we’ve got another (game) tomorrow. We’ll see how he feels.”
Apparently not feeling well enough to go against a Celtics team that’s been reeling as of late, it’s probably wise not to risk aggravating the knee further on the second night of a back-to-back set.
- The Extra Pass: A Google goggle revolution dream, plus Wednesday’s recaps 0
- Wednesday night NBA Grades: LaMarcus Aldridge is a flat out stud 5
- Arena evacuated after fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 12
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 12
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 6
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)