Dec 18, 2012, 6:33 PM EST
If you’ve watched an NBA game this season — heck, if you’ve watched television in the past month period — you have seen the Rat Pack inspired Diddy commercial to push his new vodka Ciroc.
Shaq wants in.
Maybe not in the Rat Pack, but he wants in the vodka game and will launch his own brand, reports the New York Post.
Shaquille O’Neal is launching his own line of vodka — sensationally titled “Luv Shaq.” The former NBA star plans to launch the brand early next year, and for all those barroom athletes, it is sugar- and gluten-free. We’re told Luv Shaq comes in coconut flavor, and the bottle features an image of O’Neal with giant wings. Drew Adelman, founder of Devotion Vodka, which is producing Shaq’s sauce, tells us it will directly compete with Sean “Diddy” Combs’ Ciroc, but at a “more competitive price.”
Shaq with a giant pair of wings? I may need a drink after seeing that.
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 5
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 19
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 60
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8