Dec 18, 2012, 6:33 PM EST
If you’ve watched an NBA game this season — heck, if you’ve watched television in the past month period — you have seen the Rat Pack inspired Diddy commercial to push his new vodka Ciroc.
Shaq wants in.
Maybe not in the Rat Pack, but he wants in the vodka game and will launch his own brand, reports the New York Post.
Shaquille O’Neal is launching his own line of vodka — sensationally titled “Luv Shaq.” The former NBA star plans to launch the brand early next year, and for all those barroom athletes, it is sugar- and gluten-free. We’re told Luv Shaq comes in coconut flavor, and the bottle features an image of O’Neal with giant wings. Drew Adelman, founder of Devotion Vodka, which is producing Shaq’s sauce, tells us it will directly compete with Sean “Diddy” Combs’ Ciroc, but at a “more competitive price.”
Shaq with a giant pair of wings? I may need a drink after seeing that.
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 13
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 23
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 11
- Carmelo Anthony exits Knicks-Rockets game with apparent back injury 9
- Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant progressing in rehab, Westbrook could play Friday 6
- Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice, out for season 23
- PBT Extra: Our Thanksgiving week turkeys, starting with the 76ers 2
- LeBron James on Cavaliers’ struggles: “I stink” 20