Dec 18, 2012, 6:33 PM EDT
If you’ve watched an NBA game this season — heck, if you’ve watched television in the past month period — you have seen the Rat Pack inspired Diddy commercial to push his new vodka Ciroc.
Shaq wants in.
Maybe not in the Rat Pack, but he wants in the vodka game and will launch his own brand, reports the New York Post.
Shaquille O’Neal is launching his own line of vodka — sensationally titled “Luv Shaq.” The former NBA star plans to launch the brand early next year, and for all those barroom athletes, it is sugar- and gluten-free. We’re told Luv Shaq comes in coconut flavor, and the bottle features an image of O’Neal with giant wings. Drew Adelman, founder of Devotion Vodka, which is producing Shaq’s sauce, tells us it will directly compete with Sean “Diddy” Combs’ Ciroc, but at a “more competitive price.”
Shaq with a giant pair of wings? I may need a drink after seeing that.
- Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment 4
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 2
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 18
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11