Dec 18, 2012, 6:33 PM EDT
If you’ve watched an NBA game this season — heck, if you’ve watched television in the past month period — you have seen the Rat Pack inspired Diddy commercial to push his new vodka Ciroc.
Shaq wants in.
Maybe not in the Rat Pack, but he wants in the vodka game and will launch his own brand, reports the New York Post.
Shaquille O’Neal is launching his own line of vodka — sensationally titled “Luv Shaq.” The former NBA star plans to launch the brand early next year, and for all those barroom athletes, it is sugar- and gluten-free. We’re told Luv Shaq comes in coconut flavor, and the bottle features an image of O’Neal with giant wings. Drew Adelman, founder of Devotion Vodka, which is producing Shaq’s sauce, tells us it will directly compete with Sean “Diddy” Combs’ Ciroc, but at a “more competitive price.”
Shaq with a giant pair of wings? I may need a drink after seeing that.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 20
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 20
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 12
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 49