Dec 18, 2012, 7:49 PM EDT
New York wouldn’t pay him what he commanded on the open market, hence the “revenge” angle that really isn’t all that important. What was important was Lin’s performance, one of his better ones on the season that helped his team hand the East-leading Knicks their first home loss of the season.
But the return to play against his former teammates didn’t come without some bumps and bruises.
Tyson Chandler caught Lin with an elbow above the neck late in the second quarter, and received a flagrant foul from the officials for his action.
It was likely nothing personal from Chandler, though it did appear he followed through and made sure that once the contact was made, it was appropriately finished.
Just more fuel to add to the Lin-Knicks rivalry/storyline, which is thankfully over with this season unless the two teams should somehow meet again in the Finals.
- Report: Tracy McGrady works out with Kobe, eyes return to NBA 0
- Report: Washington Wizards contact Ray Allen, too 4
- Hornets rookie Noah Vonleh out 6-8 weeks after sports hernia surgery 14
- USA sails past New Zealand for easy 98-71 win behind Anthony Davis, Kenneth Faried 9
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 11
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 5
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14