Dec 18, 2012, 7:49 PM EST
New York wouldn’t pay him what he commanded on the open market, hence the “revenge” angle that really isn’t all that important. What was important was Lin’s performance, one of his better ones on the season that helped his team hand the East-leading Knicks their first home loss of the season.
But the return to play against his former teammates didn’t come without some bumps and bruises.
Tyson Chandler caught Lin with an elbow above the neck late in the second quarter, and received a flagrant foul from the officials for his action.
It was likely nothing personal from Chandler, though it did appear he followed through and made sure that once the contact was made, it was appropriately finished.
Just more fuel to add to the Lin-Knicks rivalry/storyline, which is thankfully over with this season unless the two teams should somehow meet again in the Finals.
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 0
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 4
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 9
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 4
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 21
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 12
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 49