Dec 18, 2012, 7:49 PM EDT
New York wouldn’t pay him what he commanded on the open market, hence the “revenge” angle that really isn’t all that important. What was important was Lin’s performance, one of his better ones on the season that helped his team hand the East-leading Knicks their first home loss of the season.
But the return to play against his former teammates didn’t come without some bumps and bruises.
Tyson Chandler caught Lin with an elbow above the neck late in the second quarter, and received a flagrant foul from the officials for his action.
It was likely nothing personal from Chandler, though it did appear he followed through and made sure that once the contact was made, it was appropriately finished.
Just more fuel to add to the Lin-Knicks rivalry/storyline, which is thankfully over with this season unless the two teams should somehow meet again in the Finals.
- PBT Extra: Spurs lead Texas winners in NBA Free Agency 0
- J.J. Redick: Clippers deserve “F” for free agency after losing DeAndre Jordan 19
- PBT Podcast: Free agency’s winners and losers 0
- Report: Boston Celtics agree to trade for David Lee for Gerald Wallace 17
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 17
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 24
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 80