Dec 18, 2012, 7:49 PM EDT
New York wouldn’t pay him what he commanded on the open market, hence the “revenge” angle that really isn’t all that important. What was important was Lin’s performance, one of his better ones on the season that helped his team hand the East-leading Knicks their first home loss of the season.
But the return to play against his former teammates didn’t come without some bumps and bruises.
Tyson Chandler caught Lin with an elbow above the neck late in the second quarter, and received a flagrant foul from the officials for his action.
It was likely nothing personal from Chandler, though it did appear he followed through and made sure that once the contact was made, it was appropriately finished.
Just more fuel to add to the Lin-Knicks rivalry/storyline, which is thankfully over with this season unless the two teams should somehow meet again in the Finals.
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 0
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 24
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 21
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Hibbert said he will speak up in future, demand to be in game at end 11
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (76)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Watch LIVE: Bruins-Rangers
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks look to even series with Red Wings
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1