Dec 18, 2012, 7:49 PM EDT
New York wouldn’t pay him what he commanded on the open market, hence the “revenge” angle that really isn’t all that important. What was important was Lin’s performance, one of his better ones on the season that helped his team hand the East-leading Knicks their first home loss of the season.
But the return to play against his former teammates didn’t come without some bumps and bruises.
Tyson Chandler caught Lin with an elbow above the neck late in the second quarter, and received a flagrant foul from the officials for his action.
It was likely nothing personal from Chandler, though it did appear he followed through and made sure that once the contact was made, it was appropriately finished.
Just more fuel to add to the Lin-Knicks rivalry/storyline, which is thankfully over with this season unless the two teams should somehow meet again in the Finals.
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 2
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 1
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 52
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6