Dec 18, 2012, 9:53 AM EDT
The Lakers could get their Christmas gift a few days early.
We told you that Steve Nash has returned to the Lakers practices and hoped to be playing by Christmas, now comes a report from Marc Spears at Yahoo Sports that Nash is targeting Saturday for return.
Steve Nash is eyeing a return to the Los Angeles Lakers’ lineup Saturday against the Golden State Warriors if practice goes well this week, sources told Yahoo! Sports.
The Lakers play the Bobcats Tuesday then are off until a trip to the Bay Area Saturday, so there is time for a few practices in there. The Lakers play the Knicks on national television on Christmas Day.
Nash suffered a small fracture in his leg in the second game of the season when he collided with Trail Blazers rookie Damian Lillard. The Lakers thought it would heal quickly but a nerve irritation in the leg has kept him out since, while the Lakers have floundered.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 22
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49