Dec 18, 2012, 9:53 AM EST
The Lakers could get their Christmas gift a few days early.
We told you that Steve Nash has returned to the Lakers practices and hoped to be playing by Christmas, now comes a report from Marc Spears at Yahoo Sports that Nash is targeting Saturday for return.
Steve Nash is eyeing a return to the Los Angeles Lakers’ lineup Saturday against the Golden State Warriors if practice goes well this week, sources told Yahoo! Sports.
The Lakers play the Bobcats Tuesday then are off until a trip to the Bay Area Saturday, so there is time for a few practices in there. The Lakers play the Knicks on national television on Christmas Day.
Nash suffered a small fracture in his leg in the second game of the season when he collided with Trail Blazers rookie Damian Lillard. The Lakers thought it would heal quickly but a nerve irritation in the leg has kept him out since, while the Lakers have floundered.
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 2
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 30