Dec 18, 2012, 9:53 AM EDT
The Lakers could get their Christmas gift a few days early.
We told you that Steve Nash has returned to the Lakers practices and hoped to be playing by Christmas, now comes a report from Marc Spears at Yahoo Sports that Nash is targeting Saturday for return.
Steve Nash is eyeing a return to the Los Angeles Lakers’ lineup Saturday against the Golden State Warriors if practice goes well this week, sources told Yahoo! Sports.
The Lakers play the Bobcats Tuesday then are off until a trip to the Bay Area Saturday, so there is time for a few practices in there. The Lakers play the Knicks on national television on Christmas Day.
Nash suffered a small fracture in his leg in the second game of the season when he collided with Trail Blazers rookie Damian Lillard. The Lakers thought it would heal quickly but a nerve irritation in the leg has kept him out since, while the Lakers have floundered.
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 0
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 23
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 16
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winners start with Lakers 24
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8