Dec 18, 2012, 9:53 AM EDT
The Lakers could get their Christmas gift a few days early.
We told you that Steve Nash has returned to the Lakers practices and hoped to be playing by Christmas, now comes a report from Marc Spears at Yahoo Sports that Nash is targeting Saturday for return.
Steve Nash is eyeing a return to the Los Angeles Lakers’ lineup Saturday against the Golden State Warriors if practice goes well this week, sources told Yahoo! Sports.
The Lakers play the Bobcats Tuesday then are off until a trip to the Bay Area Saturday, so there is time for a few practices in there. The Lakers play the Knicks on national television on Christmas Day.
Nash suffered a small fracture in his leg in the second game of the season when he collided with Trail Blazers rookie Damian Lillard. The Lakers thought it would heal quickly but a nerve irritation in the leg has kept him out since, while the Lakers have floundered.
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 0
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 8
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 3
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 24
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 6