Dec 18, 2012, 9:53 AM EDT
The Lakers could get their Christmas gift a few days early.
We told you that Steve Nash has returned to the Lakers practices and hoped to be playing by Christmas, now comes a report from Marc Spears at Yahoo Sports that Nash is targeting Saturday for return.
Steve Nash is eyeing a return to the Los Angeles Lakers’ lineup Saturday against the Golden State Warriors if practice goes well this week, sources told Yahoo! Sports.
The Lakers play the Bobcats Tuesday then are off until a trip to the Bay Area Saturday, so there is time for a few practices in there. The Lakers play the Knicks on national television on Christmas Day.
Nash suffered a small fracture in his leg in the second game of the season when he collided with Trail Blazers rookie Damian Lillard. The Lakers thought it would heal quickly but a nerve irritation in the leg has kept him out since, while the Lakers have floundered.
- Report: Klay Thompson’s camp ‘frustrated’ Warriors have yet to offer a max contract extension 2
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 30
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 13
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70