Dec 18, 2012, 5:07 PM EDT
“If anybody knows an exorcist that can come into this building. I don’t believe in that stuff, but I’m not going to stop it.”
—Wizards coach Randy Wittman, speaking to CSNWashington.com about his troubled 3-18 team.
He is understandably frustrated. This wasn’t going to be a great team to start with, it’s best player hasn’t played and just got cleared to “ramp up” activity (John Wall) and there simply no good answers. Well, except for not throwing in the towel in games. And Wittman wasn’t going to let his players off the hook.
“I don’t care who’s playing, who’s not playing,” Wittman said. “We’re all NBA players. You’ve got to go out and lay it on the line. That’s what I told the guys. You go out and bust your ass and lay it on the line. Win or lose, you can live for another day and you move on, you’ve gotten better, you’ve improved. We took a step back the way we came out and played Miami, the effort we gave.”
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 17
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 30
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 41
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30