Dec 18, 2012, 12:54 PM EDT
Welcome to the rare PBT Exra without me in it, just Kay Adams and some Knicks fans.
Jeremy Lin returned to Madison Square Garden Monday night and reminded everyone just how special he can be when everything comes together for him, dropping 22 points and leading his new Rockets team to an easy win.
Everything came together for him last season in New York but he left after the season signing a deal in Houston (the Knicks never put a contract on the table for him), and one of the things we were watching heading into Monday’s game was the crowd reaction — and as you can see above, mostly there was respect for Lin.
Knicks fans like winning and they like Raymond Felton better right now(even if Lin got the best of him for a night). If the Knicks were not 18-6 and atop the Eastern Conference feelings might be different — Lin did hear some boos when he really started to carve up the Knicks Tuesday — but for the most part winning makes people magnanimous.
Lin’s pregame reception was not rousing but it was warm. Which strikes the right tone. Well done, Knicks fans.
- USA sails past New Zealand for easy 98-71 win behind Anthony Davis, Kenneth Faried 2
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 9
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 3
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 22
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68