Dec 18, 2012, 12:54 PM EST
Welcome to the rare PBT Exra without me in it, just Kay Adams and some Knicks fans.
Jeremy Lin returned to Madison Square Garden Monday night and reminded everyone just how special he can be when everything comes together for him, dropping 22 points and leading his new Rockets team to an easy win.
Everything came together for him last season in New York but he left after the season signing a deal in Houston (the Knicks never put a contract on the table for him), and one of the things we were watching heading into Monday’s game was the crowd reaction — and as you can see above, mostly there was respect for Lin.
Knicks fans like winning and they like Raymond Felton better right now(even if Lin got the best of him for a night). If the Knicks were not 18-6 and atop the Eastern Conference feelings might be different — Lin did hear some boos when he really started to carve up the Knicks Tuesday — but for the most part winning makes people magnanimous.
Lin’s pregame reception was not rousing but it was warm. Which strikes the right tone. Well done, Knicks fans.
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 0
- Derrick Rose leaves Bulls-Nuggets game with hamstring tightness 23
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 22
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 15
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 29
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 12
- Carmelo Anthony exits Knicks-Rockets game with apparent back injury 9
- Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant progressing in rehab, Westbrook could play Friday 6