Dec 18, 2012, 12:54 PM EDT
Welcome to the rare PBT Exra without me in it, just Kay Adams and some Knicks fans.
Jeremy Lin returned to Madison Square Garden Monday night and reminded everyone just how special he can be when everything comes together for him, dropping 22 points and leading his new Rockets team to an easy win.
Everything came together for him last season in New York but he left after the season signing a deal in Houston (the Knicks never put a contract on the table for him), and one of the things we were watching heading into Monday’s game was the crowd reaction — and as you can see above, mostly there was respect for Lin.
Knicks fans like winning and they like Raymond Felton better right now(even if Lin got the best of him for a night). If the Knicks were not 18-6 and atop the Eastern Conference feelings might be different — Lin did hear some boos when he really started to carve up the Knicks Tuesday — but for the most part winning makes people magnanimous.
Lin’s pregame reception was not rousing but it was warm. Which strikes the right tone. Well done, Knicks fans.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 15
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32