Dec 18, 2012, 12:54 PM EDT
Welcome to the rare PBT Exra without me in it, just Kay Adams and some Knicks fans.
Jeremy Lin returned to Madison Square Garden Monday night and reminded everyone just how special he can be when everything comes together for him, dropping 22 points and leading his new Rockets team to an easy win.
Everything came together for him last season in New York but he left after the season signing a deal in Houston (the Knicks never put a contract on the table for him), and one of the things we were watching heading into Monday’s game was the crowd reaction — and as you can see above, mostly there was respect for Lin.
Knicks fans like winning and they like Raymond Felton better right now(even if Lin got the best of him for a night). If the Knicks were not 18-6 and atop the Eastern Conference feelings might be different — Lin did hear some boos when he really started to carve up the Knicks Tuesday — but for the most part winning makes people magnanimous.
Lin’s pregame reception was not rousing but it was warm. Which strikes the right tone. Well done, Knicks fans.
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 0
- Harden’s 17 fourth quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 2
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 47
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 25
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20