Dec 17, 2012, 7:29 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Should the Houston rockets bring Jeremy Lin off the bench? What has been clear so far this season is that when both he and James Harden are on the floor together both play worse, and Rob Mahoney at Sports Illustrated breaks all that down. He also suggests the benching of Lin. Bringing Lin off the bench is a short term fix, but at some point the Rockets need to figure out how to get the clicking together or make a move.
• The Dallas Maverick’s streak of making a three pointer in a game ended at 1,108. Yes, that’s a record.
• George Karl is not going to miss any games as the coach of the Nuggets, but the cancer-survivor is thinking about taking steps to easy some of the travel grind the team goes through.
• As I said on the PBT podcast, I really didn’t have a big issue with the fans voting on the All-Star starters so far. I do have one complaint — four guys got votes without ever stepping on the court: Andrew Bynum, Sixers (68,596), Amar’e Stoudemire, Knicks (64,266), Dirk Nowitzki, Mavericks (63,056), and Ricky Rubio, Timberwolves (54,744). All those votes were cast before Rubio’s return over the weekend. I get the fans can and should vote for the players they want to see, it’s an exhibition. But shouldn’t the guy have played one game this season? Who is voting for these guys and why?
• Watch Eddy Curry drain a clutch three in China. You know you’re going to click that.
• After the Clippers played the Bobcats, Chris Paul threw a party at a Charlotte area club. A fight broke out and things got ugly. Among those arrested was Jamie Patrice Thomas, 26, who is the wife of Bobcats forward Tyrus Thomas. She faces charges of driving while impaired and assault with a deadly weapon, according to the Charlotte Observer. Also arrested was Ben Gordon’s fiance.
Sep 24, 2014, 12:30 AM EDT
Nash was limited to just 15 games last season.
Sep 23, 2014, 11:29 PM EDT
Cuban let Chandler leave in free agency in the summer following the Mavs’ lone NBA title.
Sep 23, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
No deal yet, but training camp is less than a week away, so both sides are motivated to expedite the process.
Sep 23, 2014, 8:02 PM EDT
Memphis is the latest team to try to salvage the former second overall pick in the 2008 draft.
Sep 23, 2014, 7:32 PM EDT
Not bad, but very Hawks-like.
Sep 23, 2014, 6:31 PM EDT
Kobe Bryant, Derrick Rose among the more intriguing names on the list.
Sep 23, 2014, 5:29 PM EDT
What is Ricky Rubio worth on the open market.
Sep 23, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
It’s a play off what Seattle and Denver have done before.
Sep 23, 2014, 3:29 PM EDT
Danny Ainge has done a good job with keeping his options open.
Sep 23, 2014, 2:38 PM EDT
Adam Silver also says league isn’t looking into owners’ pasts
Sep 23, 2014, 2:02 PM EDT
Pierce signed for mid-level exception with Wizards
Sep 23, 2014, 1:26 PM EDT
James reportedly received guaranteed contract
Sep 23, 2014, 12:50 PM EDT
Not a lot of people will see the building from above, and it’s early in the process, but…. that’s not pretty.
Sep 23, 2014, 12:15 PM EDT
The many times Toronto and Kyle Lowry could have blown it with each other
Sep 23, 2014, 11:38 AM EDT
He’s already the best midrange shooter in the game.
Sep 23, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
Heat guard getting style from fictional Miami serial killer
Sep 23, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
Pacers ready for season without Paul George, Lance Stephenson
Sep 23, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
Lamb, after playing for Bucks and Magic, likely to fall out of NBA following training camp
Sep 23, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Reed, previously a member of Kings and Grizzlies, in line to compete for roster spot
- Report: Suns, Eric Bledsoe have ‘made progress’ on a new contract in last couple of days 1
- Report: Michael Beasley reaches agreement with Memphis Grizzlies 5
- Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 3
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 19
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16