Dec 17, 2012, 7:29 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Should the Houston rockets bring Jeremy Lin off the bench? What has been clear so far this season is that when both he and James Harden are on the floor together both play worse, and Rob Mahoney at Sports Illustrated breaks all that down. He also suggests the benching of Lin. Bringing Lin off the bench is a short term fix, but at some point the Rockets need to figure out how to get the clicking together or make a move.
• The Dallas Maverick’s streak of making a three pointer in a game ended at 1,108. Yes, that’s a record.
• George Karl is not going to miss any games as the coach of the Nuggets, but the cancer-survivor is thinking about taking steps to easy some of the travel grind the team goes through.
• As I said on the PBT podcast, I really didn’t have a big issue with the fans voting on the All-Star starters so far. I do have one complaint — four guys got votes without ever stepping on the court: Andrew Bynum, Sixers (68,596), Amar’e Stoudemire, Knicks (64,266), Dirk Nowitzki, Mavericks (63,056), and Ricky Rubio, Timberwolves (54,744). All those votes were cast before Rubio’s return over the weekend. I get the fans can and should vote for the players they want to see, it’s an exhibition. But shouldn’t the guy have played one game this season? Who is voting for these guys and why?
• Watch Eddy Curry drain a clutch three in China. You know you’re going to click that.
• After the Clippers played the Bobcats, Chris Paul threw a party at a Charlotte area club. A fight broke out and things got ugly. Among those arrested was Jamie Patrice Thomas, 26, who is the wife of Bobcats forward Tyrus Thomas. She faces charges of driving while impaired and assault with a deadly weapon, according to the Charlotte Observer. Also arrested was Ben Gordon’s fiance.
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 8
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 13
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 37
- PBT Power Rankings: Tell me again how the Spurs are too old…. 13
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 14