Dec 17, 2012, 6:07 PM EDT
There is not a lot of patience around the return of John Wall in Washington. That happens when the team’s best player missed the first quarter of the season and the team is 3-18.
When the swelling goes down he works out and… is there pain?
“That’s a 50-50 chance you got,” Wall said. “You never know how it’s going to go. Hopefully, it heals the right way and I’ve been doing the right things I’m supposed to do, just rest, do my exercises, try to stay in shape as best as possible without going out and injuring myself and hurting myself for the rest of my career. I want to be out there and play basketball with my teammates, but I just got to make sure I’m fully healthy to do that.”
That make you feel optimistic, Wizards fans?
Wizards coach Randy Wittman thinks more physical activity could start Tuesday. Wall thinks he will be back this season, I expect the same although my guess is it is will be well into 2013.
And Wizards fans, then you can start thinking about if and what kind of extension your team should offer Wall this summer (or should they wait a year and risk him becoming a restricted free agent)?
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 55
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19