Dec 17, 2012, 6:07 PM EDT
There is not a lot of patience around the return of John Wall in Washington. That happens when the team’s best player missed the first quarter of the season and the team is 3-18.
When the swelling goes down he works out and… is there pain?
“That’s a 50-50 chance you got,” Wall said. “You never know how it’s going to go. Hopefully, it heals the right way and I’ve been doing the right things I’m supposed to do, just rest, do my exercises, try to stay in shape as best as possible without going out and injuring myself and hurting myself for the rest of my career. I want to be out there and play basketball with my teammates, but I just got to make sure I’m fully healthy to do that.”
That make you feel optimistic, Wizards fans?
Wizards coach Randy Wittman thinks more physical activity could start Tuesday. Wall thinks he will be back this season, I expect the same although my guess is it is will be well into 2013.
And Wizards fans, then you can start thinking about if and what kind of extension your team should offer Wall this summer (or should they wait a year and risk him becoming a restricted free agent)?
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 18
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 62
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 66
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8