Dec 17, 2012, 6:07 PM EDT
There is not a lot of patience around the return of John Wall in Washington. That happens when the team’s best player missed the first quarter of the season and the team is 3-18.
When the swelling goes down he works out and… is there pain?
“That’s a 50-50 chance you got,” Wall said. “You never know how it’s going to go. Hopefully, it heals the right way and I’ve been doing the right things I’m supposed to do, just rest, do my exercises, try to stay in shape as best as possible without going out and injuring myself and hurting myself for the rest of my career. I want to be out there and play basketball with my teammates, but I just got to make sure I’m fully healthy to do that.”
That make you feel optimistic, Wizards fans?
Wizards coach Randy Wittman thinks more physical activity could start Tuesday. Wall thinks he will be back this season, I expect the same although my guess is it is will be well into 2013.
And Wizards fans, then you can start thinking about if and what kind of extension your team should offer Wall this summer (or should they wait a year and risk him becoming a restricted free agent)?
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 25
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 48
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 18