Dec 17, 2012, 7:13 PM EDT
The Knicks were able to beat the Cavaliers without Anthony. Barely. By one point. Despite how well Kyrie Irving played in that game, this Rockets team presents a deeper, more balanced challenge. Plus James Harden, who is a bigger problem than the more hyped Jeremy Lin in New York.
Anthony tweaked his ankle in the third quarter against the Lakers last Friday. Which frankly was after that game was decided because ‘Melo dropped 22 in the first quarter.
Anthony is still listed as day-to-day. The Knicks next game is hosting the Nets on Wednesday.
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 10
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 7
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 10
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 7
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
- Report: Becky Hammon gaining traction around the NBA as “serious” head-coaching candidate 42
- Gregg Popovich discusses three-point shot, changing roles for bigs in NBA 4