Dec 17, 2012, 7:13 PM EST
The Knicks were able to beat the Cavaliers without Anthony. Barely. By one point. Despite how well Kyrie Irving played in that game, this Rockets team presents a deeper, more balanced challenge. Plus James Harden, who is a bigger problem than the more hyped Jeremy Lin in New York.
Anthony tweaked his ankle in the third quarter against the Lakers last Friday. Which frankly was after that game was decided because ‘Melo dropped 22 in the first quarter.
Anthony is still listed as day-to-day. The Knicks next game is hosting the Nets on Wednesday.
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 15
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 10
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 17
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 21
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 15
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)