Dec 16, 2012, 9:30 AM EDT
It wasn’t so much the statistical impact that Rubio had in his team’s overtime win over the Mavericks, though he did finish with nine assists in only 18 minutes of action.
It was the crisp passing and the flair he has for playing the game from the point guard position that truly makes him special to watch.
This assist to Greg Stiemsma early in the second quarter exemplifies that.
Rubio receives the ball at the top of the three-point arc, and initiates the dribble-drive after a brief shot fake. Once he gets near the baseline, the pass he makes is so unbelievable that it was almost hard to see on the very first viewing.
The replay shows that the ball was bounced with precision through the legs of Elton Brand, and right into Stiemsma’s capable hands.
Amazing vision from Rubio there, and equally impressive was that this occurred in his first few minutes of NBA action in over nine months.
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 40
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 18
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13
- PBT Extra: Horford/Dellavedova incident ups tension in Hawks/Cavaliers Game 4 10
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 6