Dec 16, 2012, 9:30 AM EDT
It wasn’t so much the statistical impact that Rubio had in his team’s overtime win over the Mavericks, though he did finish with nine assists in only 18 minutes of action.
It was the crisp passing and the flair he has for playing the game from the point guard position that truly makes him special to watch.
This assist to Greg Stiemsma early in the second quarter exemplifies that.
Rubio receives the ball at the top of the three-point arc, and initiates the dribble-drive after a brief shot fake. Once he gets near the baseline, the pass he makes is so unbelievable that it was almost hard to see on the very first viewing.
The replay shows that the ball was bounced with precision through the legs of Elton Brand, and right into Stiemsma’s capable hands.
Amazing vision from Rubio there, and equally impressive was that this occurred in his first few minutes of NBA action in over nine months.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 0
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 18
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 27
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 46
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 24
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 20
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 12