Dec 16, 2012, 9:30 AM EST
It wasn’t so much the statistical impact that Rubio had in his team’s overtime win over the Mavericks, though he did finish with nine assists in only 18 minutes of action.
It was the crisp passing and the flair he has for playing the game from the point guard position that truly makes him special to watch.
This assist to Greg Stiemsma early in the second quarter exemplifies that.
Rubio receives the ball at the top of the three-point arc, and initiates the dribble-drive after a brief shot fake. Once he gets near the baseline, the pass he makes is so unbelievable that it was almost hard to see on the very first viewing.
The replay shows that the ball was bounced with precision through the legs of Elton Brand, and right into Stiemsma’s capable hands.
Amazing vision from Rubio there, and equally impressive was that this occurred in his first few minutes of NBA action in over nine months.
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 17
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 15
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 28
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 42
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 5