Dec 16, 2012, 7:08 PM EDT
In the matchup at the center position between Kwame Brown and Dwight Howard on Sunday, who would you guess would be the one rejecting the other’s shot by swatting it several rows deep into the stands?
Just as we all suspected, it was Kwame who defended Howard perfectly and got the emphatic block early in the first quarter as the Sixers hosted the Lakers.
As Howard turns and faces, and then immediately goes into a spin move before launching his one-handed shot, you can tell that he’s made this move many times before, and the thought that Brown might stay with him step for step and be right there waiting to contest never even crossed his mind.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 11
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9