Dec 16, 2012, 8:01 PM EST
Joel Przybilla of the Milwaukee Bucks has been suspended one game without pay for throwing the ball and hitting a referee, the league announced via official release.
The incident, which can be seen in the video clip above, occurred with 1:36 remaining in Milwaukee’s blowout 111-85 loss at the hands of the Clippers on Dec. 15.
Przybilla definitely didn’t get his money’s worth with this one.
A casual toss of the ball to the ref while his back was turned is generally not worthy of a suspension. However, at the end of a lopsided contest like this, it’s impossible to know how many interactions Przybilla had with the officials beforehand that may have affected not only the baseline official’s decision to whistle him for the technical foul, but the league’s decision to issue the suspension, as well.
Przybilla will be out for his team’s next game, when the Bucks host the Pacers this Tuesday.
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 10
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 2
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 22
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 15
- The Extra Pass: Five quick ways to improve the league; plus Monday’s Recaps 17
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)