Dec 16, 2012, 8:01 PM EDT
Joel Przybilla of the Milwaukee Bucks has been suspended one game without pay for throwing the ball and hitting a referee, the league announced via official release.
The incident, which can be seen in the video clip above, occurred with 1:36 remaining in Milwaukee’s blowout 111-85 loss at the hands of the Clippers on Dec. 15.
Przybilla definitely didn’t get his money’s worth with this one.
A casual toss of the ball to the ref while his back was turned is generally not worthy of a suspension. However, at the end of a lopsided contest like this, it’s impossible to know how many interactions Przybilla had with the officials beforehand that may have affected not only the baseline official’s decision to whistle him for the technical foul, but the league’s decision to issue the suspension, as well.
Przybilla will be out for his team’s next game, when the Bucks host the Pacers this Tuesday.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 29
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 3
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 8
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5