Dec 16, 2012, 8:01 PM EDT
Joel Przybilla of the Milwaukee Bucks has been suspended one game without pay for throwing the ball and hitting a referee, the league announced via official release.
The incident, which can be seen in the video clip above, occurred with 1:36 remaining in Milwaukee’s blowout 111-85 loss at the hands of the Clippers on Dec. 15.
Przybilla definitely didn’t get his money’s worth with this one.
A casual toss of the ball to the ref while his back was turned is generally not worthy of a suspension. However, at the end of a lopsided contest like this, it’s impossible to know how many interactions Przybilla had with the officials beforehand that may have affected not only the baseline official’s decision to whistle him for the technical foul, but the league’s decision to issue the suspension, as well.
Przybilla will be out for his team’s next game, when the Bucks host the Pacers this Tuesday.
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 0
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 8
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 3
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 24
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 6