Dec 15, 2012, 8:00 AM EST
We need a name for whatever this play was. It was half rebound, half block (with a sprinkle of goaltend), but all the way amazing. I just wish we knew what to call it. A reblock? A yoink? Help me out.
Naming this aside, let’s focus on JaVale McGee being quite possibly the most entertaining player in the NBA. Whether he’s throwing a pass into the 14th row, playing point-center and tripping over himself, jumping 12 feet in the air, running the wrong way when his team has the ball or destroying someone with a dunk or block, you’re almost always in for a treat. If there isn’t a whole blog dedicated solely to his brilliance at this point, the internet has failed us and we should all leave.
What McGee did to Zach Randolph in the Nuggets narrow victory over the Grizzlies was laughably absurd. This is the type of thing that would happen if Bill Russell were allowed to play in Wilt Chamberlain’s body for a night back in the day. Instead of spiking the ball into the crowd (like Dwight Howard likes to do), McGee ended up winning the night with, well…whatever we want to call this:
- Knicks lose by 41 points at home to Celtics 14
- LeBron James likely to start at center for Eastern Conference All-Stars 7
- Report: Sixers a viable trade destination for Omer Asik 11
- Report: Jason Kidd safe as Nets coach until team gets healthy 6
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 30
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (46)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)