Dec 15, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
We need a name for whatever this play was. It was half rebound, half block (with a sprinkle of goaltend), but all the way amazing. I just wish we knew what to call it. A reblock? A yoink? Help me out.
Naming this aside, let’s focus on JaVale McGee being quite possibly the most entertaining player in the NBA. Whether he’s throwing a pass into the 14th row, playing point-center and tripping over himself, jumping 12 feet in the air, running the wrong way when his team has the ball or destroying someone with a dunk or block, you’re almost always in for a treat. If there isn’t a whole blog dedicated solely to his brilliance at this point, the internet has failed us and we should all leave.
What McGee did to Zach Randolph in the Nuggets narrow victory over the Grizzlies was laughably absurd. This is the type of thing that would happen if Bill Russell were allowed to play in Wilt Chamberlain’s body for a night back in the day. Instead of spiking the ball into the crowd (like Dwight Howard likes to do), McGee ended up winning the night with, well…whatever we want to call this:
- Chris Bosh to fans who left Game 6 early: ‘Don’t come back for Game 7′ 18
- Wade says left knee sore, swollen, but will play through it 13
- Popovich explains decision to sit Duncan late in regulation of Game 6 14
- Game 6 was not Gregg Popovich’s best night 46
- LeBron James gets another triple-double, now favorite for Finals MVP 21
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (79)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Green breaks NBA finals 3-point record