Dec 15, 2012, 8:00 AM EST
We need a name for whatever this play was. It was half rebound, half block (with a sprinkle of goaltend), but all the way amazing. I just wish we knew what to call it. A reblock? A yoink? Help me out.
Naming this aside, let’s focus on JaVale McGee being quite possibly the most entertaining player in the NBA. Whether he’s throwing a pass into the 14th row, playing point-center and tripping over himself, jumping 12 feet in the air, running the wrong way when his team has the ball or destroying someone with a dunk or block, you’re almost always in for a treat. If there isn’t a whole blog dedicated solely to his brilliance at this point, the internet has failed us and we should all leave.
What McGee did to Zach Randolph in the Nuggets narrow victory over the Grizzlies was laughably absurd. This is the type of thing that would happen if Bill Russell were allowed to play in Wilt Chamberlain’s body for a night back in the day. Instead of spiking the ball into the crowd (like Dwight Howard likes to do), McGee ended up winning the night with, well…whatever we want to call this:
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 6
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 28
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 58
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13
- Mavericks suspend Rajon Rondo one game after argument with coach Rick Carlisle 44