Dec 15, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
We need a name for whatever this play was. It was half rebound, half block (with a sprinkle of goaltend), but all the way amazing. I just wish we knew what to call it. A reblock? A yoink? Help me out.
Naming this aside, let’s focus on JaVale McGee being quite possibly the most entertaining player in the NBA. Whether he’s throwing a pass into the 14th row, playing point-center and tripping over himself, jumping 12 feet in the air, running the wrong way when his team has the ball or destroying someone with a dunk or block, you’re almost always in for a treat. If there isn’t a whole blog dedicated solely to his brilliance at this point, the internet has failed us and we should all leave.
What McGee did to Zach Randolph in the Nuggets narrow victory over the Grizzlies was laughably absurd. This is the type of thing that would happen if Bill Russell were allowed to play in Wilt Chamberlain’s body for a night back in the day. Instead of spiking the ball into the crowd (like Dwight Howard likes to do), McGee ended up winning the night with, well…whatever we want to call this:
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 9
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 12
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29