Dec 15, 2012, 6:59 PM EST
Kyrie Irving is injured again, another fracture.
But this time he is not missing any games — he just returned last week from missing 11 games with a fractured finger — he’s just going to join Tristan Thompson and Tyler Zeller as part of the Cavaliers masked men.
Irving suffered a fractured bone in his jaw from a hard foul Friday night against the Bucks, reports the Associated Press. While his team boarded a flight to New York for Saturday’s game against the Knicks, Irving stayed behind to get fitted for the mask, then caught up with the team and will play in the game.
The team said Irving fractured his left maxilla, which is the bone above the upper teeth. The injury was found with a CT scan conducted after Friday’s game, when Irving played 36 minutes and scored 26 points.
Thompson and Zeller are wearing masks from facial injuries earlier this season.
But the whole mask thing fits with the name Cavaliers, so maybe more guys will start to do it just for the marketing… okay, probably not.
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 16
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 10
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 17
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 21
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 15
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)