Dec 15, 2012, 6:59 PM EDT
Kyrie Irving is injured again, another fracture.
But this time he is not missing any games — he just returned last week from missing 11 games with a fractured finger — he’s just going to join Tristan Thompson and Tyler Zeller as part of the Cavaliers masked men.
Irving suffered a fractured bone in his jaw from a hard foul Friday night against the Bucks, reports the Associated Press. While his team boarded a flight to New York for Saturday’s game against the Knicks, Irving stayed behind to get fitted for the mask, then caught up with the team and will play in the game.
The team said Irving fractured his left maxilla, which is the bone above the upper teeth. The injury was found with a CT scan conducted after Friday’s game, when Irving played 36 minutes and scored 26 points.
Thompson and Zeller are wearing masks from facial injuries earlier this season.
But the whole mask thing fits with the name Cavaliers, so maybe more guys will start to do it just for the marketing… okay, probably not.
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 13
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 32
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28