Dec 14, 2012, 12:01 PM EDT
People say all the time “Kobe Bryant needs to trust his teammates more and get them the ball, not just shoot.” The reality is Kobe will try to trust his teammates for a quarter or two, but if they don’t step up to his satisfaction (or if he feels the game getting away from the Lakers) he just starts to do it all himself. He always trusts and believes in himself, teammates have to earn that nightly.
That’s what happened at Madison Square Garden Thursday, Carmelo Anthony took over the game early and Kobe spent most of the night trying to will his team back in the game. And the result is some vintage Kobe shots that are just ridiculous.
And like usual, that approach didn’t work.
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 0
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 10
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 22
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 56
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 63
- Trail Blazers assistant coach: ‘We didn’t publicize it, but we lost LaMarcus Aldridge’ 9
- Who is left on the board after wild first day of NBA free agency? 30