Dec 14, 2012, 12:01 PM EDT
People say all the time “Kobe Bryant needs to trust his teammates more and get them the ball, not just shoot.” The reality is Kobe will try to trust his teammates for a quarter or two, but if they don’t step up to his satisfaction (or if he feels the game getting away from the Lakers) he just starts to do it all himself. He always trusts and believes in himself, teammates have to earn that nightly.
That’s what happened at Madison Square Garden Thursday, Carmelo Anthony took over the game early and Kobe spent most of the night trying to will his team back in the game. And the result is some vintage Kobe shots that are just ridiculous.
And like usual, that approach didn’t work.
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 0
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 5
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17