Dec 14, 2012, 12:01 PM EDT
People say all the time “Kobe Bryant needs to trust his teammates more and get them the ball, not just shoot.” The reality is Kobe will try to trust his teammates for a quarter or two, but if they don’t step up to his satisfaction (or if he feels the game getting away from the Lakers) he just starts to do it all himself. He always trusts and believes in himself, teammates have to earn that nightly.
That’s what happened at Madison Square Garden Thursday, Carmelo Anthony took over the game early and Kobe spent most of the night trying to will his team back in the game. And the result is some vintage Kobe shots that are just ridiculous.
And like usual, that approach didn’t work.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 8
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 45
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43