Dec 14, 2012, 12:01 PM EST
People say all the time “Kobe Bryant needs to trust his teammates more and get them the ball, not just shoot.” The reality is Kobe will try to trust his teammates for a quarter or two, but if they don’t step up to his satisfaction (or if he feels the game getting away from the Lakers) he just starts to do it all himself. He always trusts and believes in himself, teammates have to earn that nightly.
That’s what happened at Madison Square Garden Thursday, Carmelo Anthony took over the game early and Kobe spent most of the night trying to will his team back in the game. And the result is some vintage Kobe shots that are just ridiculous.
And like usual, that approach didn’t work.
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 3
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 9
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 18
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 12
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 27
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 15
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 30
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 13