Dec 14, 2012, 12:01 PM EST
People say all the time “Kobe Bryant needs to trust his teammates more and get them the ball, not just shoot.” The reality is Kobe will try to trust his teammates for a quarter or two, but if they don’t step up to his satisfaction (or if he feels the game getting away from the Lakers) he just starts to do it all himself. He always trusts and believes in himself, teammates have to earn that nightly.
That’s what happened at Madison Square Garden Thursday, Carmelo Anthony took over the game early and Kobe spent most of the night trying to will his team back in the game. And the result is some vintage Kobe shots that are just ridiculous.
And like usual, that approach didn’t work.
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 0
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 8
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 10
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 54
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8
- Andrei Kirilenko leaves Nets for road trip, Lionel Hollins unsure if he’ll return 14