Dec 14, 2012, 3:46 PM EDT
Just as Minnesota is going to get Ricky Rubio back, they are going to lose another young guard for a while.
A chrondal injury involves the ligaments that cover each end of the bone in the knee, allowing the joint to move smoothly and without pain. It can be injured in a twisting motion (not unlike how an ACL can be damaged). There are different grades of the injury and treatment options depend on severity.
Lee had started a dozen games with Brandon Roy injured, and he may be a little ways away from stepping on the court, and even when he does he cannot take on heavy minutes. Instead Alexey Shved will start and you will see a lot more Josh Howard as well.
Lee can defend but he has not been playing great ball, averaging 4.9 points on 38.2 percent shooting. This is something the Timberwolves can work through without much if any setback.
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 16
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 16
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 4
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winners start with Lakers 23
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8
- Hawks face uphill climb after DeMarre Carroll injury 10