Dec 14, 2012, 3:46 PM EDT
Just as Minnesota is going to get Ricky Rubio back, they are going to lose another young guard for a while.
A chrondal injury involves the ligaments that cover each end of the bone in the knee, allowing the joint to move smoothly and without pain. It can be injured in a twisting motion (not unlike how an ACL can be damaged). There are different grades of the injury and treatment options depend on severity.
Lee had started a dozen games with Brandon Roy injured, and he may be a little ways away from stepping on the court, and even when he does he cannot take on heavy minutes. Instead Alexey Shved will start and you will see a lot more Josh Howard as well.
Lee can defend but he has not been playing great ball, averaging 4.9 points on 38.2 percent shooting. This is something the Timberwolves can work through without much if any setback.
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 1
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 21
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18