Dec 14, 2012, 3:46 PM EST
Just as Minnesota is going to get Ricky Rubio back, they are going to lose another young guard for a while.
A chrondal injury involves the ligaments that cover each end of the bone in the knee, allowing the joint to move smoothly and without pain. It can be injured in a twisting motion (not unlike how an ACL can be damaged). There are different grades of the injury and treatment options depend on severity.
Lee had started a dozen games with Brandon Roy injured, and he may be a little ways away from stepping on the court, and even when he does he cannot take on heavy minutes. Instead Alexey Shved will start and you will see a lot more Josh Howard as well.
Lee can defend but he has not been playing great ball, averaging 4.9 points on 38.2 percent shooting. This is something the Timberwolves can work through without much if any setback.
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 21
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 11
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 3
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 21
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 17
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (42)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)