Dec 14, 2012, 3:46 PM EDT
Just as Minnesota is going to get Ricky Rubio back, they are going to lose another young guard for a while.
A chrondal injury involves the ligaments that cover each end of the bone in the knee, allowing the joint to move smoothly and without pain. It can be injured in a twisting motion (not unlike how an ACL can be damaged). There are different grades of the injury and treatment options depend on severity.
Lee had started a dozen games with Brandon Roy injured, and he may be a little ways away from stepping on the court, and even when he does he cannot take on heavy minutes. Instead Alexey Shved will start and you will see a lot more Josh Howard as well.
Lee can defend but he has not been playing great ball, averaging 4.9 points on 38.2 percent shooting. This is something the Timberwolves can work through without much if any setback.
- Ricky Rubio agrees to 4-year, $55 million contract extension with Timberwolves 3
- Report: Warriors agree to four-year, $70 million extension with Klay Thompson 13
- Can Thunder, without Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook, overcome their first identity crisis? 13
- Jazz guard Alec Burks signs contract extension worth $42 million-$45 million 11
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 12
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 2
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, likely out 4-6 weeks 10
- LeBron struggles in Cleveland debut as Knicks stun Cavaliers 47