Dec 14, 2012, 3:46 PM EDT
Just as Minnesota is going to get Ricky Rubio back, they are going to lose another young guard for a while.
A chrondal injury involves the ligaments that cover each end of the bone in the knee, allowing the joint to move smoothly and without pain. It can be injured in a twisting motion (not unlike how an ACL can be damaged). There are different grades of the injury and treatment options depend on severity.
Lee had started a dozen games with Brandon Roy injured, and he may be a little ways away from stepping on the court, and even when he does he cannot take on heavy minutes. Instead Alexey Shved will start and you will see a lot more Josh Howard as well.
Lee can defend but he has not been playing great ball, averaging 4.9 points on 38.2 percent shooting. This is something the Timberwolves can work through without much if any setback.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 4
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 27
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 23
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10