Dec 14, 2012, 4:55 PM EDT
There may be no team that will be a seller at the trade deadline like the Toronto Raptors — this is an organization where the ownership group met this week with GM Bryan Colangelo and his lead consultant Wayne Embree was brought in. It feels like something is going to change and Colangelo shouldn’t feel safe
That’s because Toronto wants to get everyone healthy first, tweets Ken Berger of CBS Sports.
Trade scenarios involving Andrea Bargnani and/or Jose Calderon are on hold with Bargnani and starting PG Kyle Lowry injured, source said.
— Ken Berger (@KBergCBS) December 14, 2012
There is some logic to this. There is also logic to the fact that right now teams are having rough sketch discussions of trades but little that is serious — now is when every GM says he is taking but not making calls.
But the real question is who will be making the calls in Toronto come the trade deadline. That roster has a little talent but is poorly conceived with no master plan in place.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 38
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 4
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 9
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5