Dec 14, 2012, 4:55 PM EDT
There may be no team that will be a seller at the trade deadline like the Toronto Raptors — this is an organization where the ownership group met this week with GM Bryan Colangelo and his lead consultant Wayne Embree was brought in. It feels like something is going to change and Colangelo shouldn’t feel safe
That’s because Toronto wants to get everyone healthy first, tweets Ken Berger of CBS Sports.
Trade scenarios involving Andrea Bargnani and/or Jose Calderon are on hold with Bargnani and starting PG Kyle Lowry injured, source said.
— Ken Berger (@KBergCBS) December 14, 2012
There is some logic to this. There is also logic to the fact that right now teams are having rough sketch discussions of trades but little that is serious — now is when every GM says he is taking but not making calls.
But the real question is who will be making the calls in Toronto come the trade deadline. That roster has a little talent but is poorly conceived with no master plan in place.
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 2
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 1
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 31
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 8
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40