Dec 14, 2012, 4:55 PM EDT
There may be no team that will be a seller at the trade deadline like the Toronto Raptors — this is an organization where the ownership group met this week with GM Bryan Colangelo and his lead consultant Wayne Embree was brought in. It feels like something is going to change and Colangelo shouldn’t feel safe
That’s because Toronto wants to get everyone healthy first, tweets Ken Berger of CBS Sports.
Trade scenarios involving Andrea Bargnani and/or Jose Calderon are on hold with Bargnani and starting PG Kyle Lowry injured, source said.
— Ken Berger (@KBergCBS) December 14, 2012
There is some logic to this. There is also logic to the fact that right now teams are having rough sketch discussions of trades but little that is serious — now is when every GM says he is taking but not making calls.
But the real question is who will be making the calls in Toronto come the trade deadline. That roster has a little talent but is poorly conceived with no master plan in place.
- 67RIEFNS: Warriors starters with Draymond Green 0
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 20
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 11
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70