Dec 14, 2012, 4:55 PM EDT
There may be no team that will be a seller at the trade deadline like the Toronto Raptors — this is an organization where the ownership group met this week with GM Bryan Colangelo and his lead consultant Wayne Embree was brought in. It feels like something is going to change and Colangelo shouldn’t feel safe
That’s because Toronto wants to get everyone healthy first, tweets Ken Berger of CBS Sports.
Trade scenarios involving Andrea Bargnani and/or Jose Calderon are on hold with Bargnani and starting PG Kyle Lowry injured, source said.
— Ken Berger (@KBergCBS) December 14, 2012
There is some logic to this. There is also logic to the fact that right now teams are having rough sketch discussions of trades but little that is serious — now is when every GM says he is taking but not making calls.
But the real question is who will be making the calls in Toronto come the trade deadline. That roster has a little talent but is poorly conceived with no master plan in place.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 0
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 25
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 38
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 28
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85