Quote of the Day: Kobe wants to play Washington Generals

Dec 14, 2012, 10:25 AM EDT

Los Angeles Lakers v New York Knicks Getty Images

“At this point I wish we had the Washington Generals on our schedule.”

Kobe Bryant of the Los Angeles Lakers, talking about his team’s struggles as they head to Washington to take on the lowly Wizards on Friday night.

Of course, those lowly Wizards beat the Heat recently and will put up a fight in this game, and the Lakers haven’t shown much fight as a team lately. So Kobe may be on the right track here.

1. magicbucs - Dec 14, 2012 at 10:39 AM

If the wizards win can you really call it an upset the way the lakers are playing?

2. fballlvr22 - Dec 14, 2012 at 11:01 AM

Phil Jackson at home sitting down, in his extra big chair of course, simply smiling.

• kanemoney - Dec 14, 2012 at 9:04 PM

I see a throne in my mind.

• tfoz5150 - Dec 15, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Yeah right. Like you wouldn’t cre@m your pants if you found out he was coming back.

3. 00maltliquor - Dec 14, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Watch, John Wall comes from out of nowhere to return from injury tonight to light our asses up like Kyrie did a few nights ago……….fml

4. paulhargis53 - Dec 14, 2012 at 11:46 AM

You know what is hilarious?

Kobe doesn’t realize that its HIS TEAM that is the Washington Generals…

• zacksdad - Dec 14, 2012 at 12:16 PM

Ouch, as a Laker fan this funny and sad.

Nice to have real comments from you. Even if LL comes back, please keep it real. There is enough garbage going on the world without having to read it here.

5. 00maltliquor - Dec 14, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Watch, John Wall comes from out of nowhere to return from injury tonight to light us up like Kyrie did a few nights ago……….fml

6. paulhargis53 - Dec 14, 2012 at 2:26 PM

zacksdad: I’d be more than happy to continue posting like this. I just ask that you and others watch LL if he does come back. He will poke the bear until he gets a response. This was never a one sided thing. He continually called me stupid etc. until I verbally beat him down over and over.
    If he keeps to himself regarding me, I won’t rip him on non basketball things. if he still says ridiculous things, I will call him out, just like anyone else on here.

Fair enough?

Why can't Lakers have a player-coach?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches