Dec 14, 2012, 1:15 PM EDT
LeBron James took a nasty fall Wednesday night, one of those where the players legs are cut out while he is in the air and so he falls with a thud on the floor. LeBron got up from that grabbing his shoulder but played on in the Heat loss to the Warriors.
LeBron did not practice with the team on Friday but will play when the Heat host the Wizards on Saturday, tweets Ethan J. Skolnick of the Palm Beach Post. Lucky you, Wizards.
This is a rematch of the ugliest Heat loss of the season, a loss that highlighted the Heat’s defensive woes as well as their lack of consistency game-to-game. The Heat look like a team coasting, waiting for things to get interesting again.
Erik Spoelstra is switching up lineups and trying to jolt his team out of it. He did against Atlanta when the Heat won playing their best game of the season so far, but the malaise returned in the loss to an underrated Warriors team. That is what we have gotten from the Heat all season long. They are still 14-6 but have yet to look engaged in what is going on.
But LeBron will play Saturday and after the loss to the Wizards before expect Miami to be a little more engaged this time around.
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 1
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 8