Dec 14, 2012, 1:15 PM EDT
LeBron James took a nasty fall Wednesday night, one of those where the players legs are cut out while he is in the air and so he falls with a thud on the floor. LeBron got up from that grabbing his shoulder but played on in the Heat loss to the Warriors.
LeBron did not practice with the team on Friday but will play when the Heat host the Wizards on Saturday, tweets Ethan J. Skolnick of the Palm Beach Post. Lucky you, Wizards.
This is a rematch of the ugliest Heat loss of the season, a loss that highlighted the Heat’s defensive woes as well as their lack of consistency game-to-game. The Heat look like a team coasting, waiting for things to get interesting again.
Erik Spoelstra is switching up lineups and trying to jolt his team out of it. He did against Atlanta when the Heat won playing their best game of the season so far, but the malaise returned in the loss to an underrated Warriors team. That is what we have gotten from the Heat all season long. They are still 14-6 but have yet to look engaged in what is going on.
But LeBron will play Saturday and after the loss to the Wizards before expect Miami to be a little more engaged this time around.
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 6
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 15
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 18