Dec 14, 2012, 1:15 PM EDT
LeBron James took a nasty fall Wednesday night, one of those where the players legs are cut out while he is in the air and so he falls with a thud on the floor. LeBron got up from that grabbing his shoulder but played on in the Heat loss to the Warriors.
LeBron did not practice with the team on Friday but will play when the Heat host the Wizards on Saturday, tweets Ethan J. Skolnick of the Palm Beach Post. Lucky you, Wizards.
This is a rematch of the ugliest Heat loss of the season, a loss that highlighted the Heat’s defensive woes as well as their lack of consistency game-to-game. The Heat look like a team coasting, waiting for things to get interesting again.
Erik Spoelstra is switching up lineups and trying to jolt his team out of it. He did against Atlanta when the Heat won playing their best game of the season so far, but the malaise returned in the loss to an underrated Warriors team. That is what we have gotten from the Heat all season long. They are still 14-6 but have yet to look engaged in what is going on.
But LeBron will play Saturday and after the loss to the Wizards before expect Miami to be a little more engaged this time around.
- Cavs GM: It’s “highly unlikely” Kevin Love returns at all in playoffs, even if Cavs make Finals 12
- No Kevin Love, no J.R. Smith to start, how much trouble is Cleveland in? 15
- PBT Extra: Who wins Game 5 between Spurs, Clippers? Flip a coin. 6
- PBT Extra: Rockets must adjust to new Mavericks starting lineup in Game 5 10
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 5
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 25
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 11
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2