Dec 14, 2012, 7:59 AM EDT
Steve Nash is not the answer to the Lakers problems. But he is an answer. He is part of the solution — certainly the Lakers offensive decisions improve when he arrives. It’s a first step.
And Nash wants to take that step soon — he told the Los Angeles Times he hopes to be practicing next week.
“I’m definitely getting better,” said Nash, who started running and progressively increased his shooting workouts. “If I continue to improve and there’s no setbacks, then I should be able to practice next week.”
Should, hopefully. That’s what Lakers fans have had to live on for a while — Nash has played in only two games, suffering a small fracture in his leg after a collision with Damian Lillard of Portland, an injury that has led to nerve irritation. It has not healed quickly.
Meanwhile, the Lakers have floundered and are 9-14, having hit a new low with a thumping at the hands of the Knicks Thursday night.
There also is no timeline for the return of Pau Gasol to the Lakers lineup.
- Report: Dwight Howard told Lakers GM he was frustrated with D’Antoni 3
- Durant, Thunder players tweet out support for Oklahoma City 6
- Brothers allege entourage of Damian Lillard beat them for taking his picture 17
- Amar’e Stoudemire still thinks Knicks’ front court trio can work 17
- Report: Dwight Howard not going to Clippers… did we need a report for that? 18
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (119)
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (87)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (73)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay