Dec 14, 2012, 5:41 PM EDT
“At this point I wish we had the Washington Generals on our schedule.”
Of course, the Harlem Globetrotters are a marketing machine with a basketball team attached, so you knew they would jump on that. And they did, on their official twitter account and that of their CEO:
Kobe wants to play the Generals next. We can make that happen. Just ask former Globetrotter @magicjohnson. Kobe – give us a call.
— Harlem Globetrotters (@Globies) December 14, 2012
— Kurt Schneider (@GlobiesCEO) December 14, 2012
If the Lakers played the Generals Los Angeles would be a 3.5 point favorite, I think. You have to figure in that if you give Kobe the green light to shoot Meadowlark Lemon half court hook shots he’s going to take advantage of that. And Dwight Howard is going to run around doing that “confetti in the water bucket” trick all game long.
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 0
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 10
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 12
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 6
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 47
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7