Dec 14, 2012, 5:41 PM EDT
“At this point I wish we had the Washington Generals on our schedule.”
Of course, the Harlem Globetrotters are a marketing machine with a basketball team attached, so you knew they would jump on that. And they did, on their official twitter account and that of their CEO:
Kobe wants to play the Generals next. We can make that happen. Just ask former Globetrotter @magicjohnson. Kobe – give us a call.
— Harlem Globetrotters (@Globies) December 14, 2012
— Kurt Schneider (@GlobiesCEO) December 14, 2012
If the Lakers played the Generals Los Angeles would be a 3.5 point favorite, I think. You have to figure in that if you give Kobe the green light to shoot Meadowlark Lemon half court hook shots he’s going to take advantage of that. And Dwight Howard is going to run around doing that “confetti in the water bucket” trick all game long.
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 11
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 55
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23