Dec 14, 2012, 5:41 PM EST
“At this point I wish we had the Washington Generals on our schedule.”
Of course, the Harlem Globetrotters are a marketing machine with a basketball team attached, so you knew they would jump on that. And they did, on their official twitter account and that of their CEO:
Kobe wants to play the Generals next. We can make that happen. Just ask former Globetrotter @magicjohnson. Kobe – give us a call.
— Harlem Globetrotters (@Globies) December 14, 2012
— Kurt Schneider (@GlobiesCEO) December 14, 2012
If the Lakers played the Generals Los Angeles would be a 3.5 point favorite, I think. You have to figure in that if you give Kobe the green light to shoot Meadowlark Lemon half court hook shots he’s going to take advantage of that. And Dwight Howard is going to run around doing that “confetti in the water bucket” trick all game long.
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 13
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 28
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 21
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13
- Anderson Varejao leaves Cavaliers game with foot injury not to return, MRI Wednesday 5
- Report: Rockets ‘very confident’ they’ll land Josh Smith 19
- Report: Sixers want Andrei Kirilenko to report to team, prepare to play 16