Dec 14, 2012, 5:41 PM EDT
“At this point I wish we had the Washington Generals on our schedule.”
Of course, the Harlem Globetrotters are a marketing machine with a basketball team attached, so you knew they would jump on that. And they did, on their official twitter account and that of their CEO:
Kobe wants to play the Generals next. We can make that happen. Just ask former Globetrotter @magicjohnson. Kobe – give us a call.
— Harlem Globetrotters (@Globies) December 14, 2012
— Kurt Schneider (@GlobiesCEO) December 14, 2012
If the Lakers played the Generals Los Angeles would be a 3.5 point favorite, I think. You have to figure in that if you give Kobe the green light to shoot Meadowlark Lemon half court hook shots he’s going to take advantage of that. And Dwight Howard is going to run around doing that “confetti in the water bucket” trick all game long.
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 27
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 4
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 60
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6