Dec 14, 2012, 5:41 PM EDT
“At this point I wish we had the Washington Generals on our schedule.”
Of course, the Harlem Globetrotters are a marketing machine with a basketball team attached, so you knew they would jump on that. And they did, on their official twitter account and that of their CEO:
Kobe wants to play the Generals next. We can make that happen. Just ask former Globetrotter @magicjohnson. Kobe – give us a call.
— Harlem Globetrotters (@Globies) December 14, 2012
— Kurt Schneider (@GlobiesCEO) December 14, 2012
If the Lakers played the Generals Los Angeles would be a 3.5 point favorite, I think. You have to figure in that if you give Kobe the green light to shoot Meadowlark Lemon half court hook shots he’s going to take advantage of that. And Dwight Howard is going to run around doing that “confetti in the water bucket” trick all game long.
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 0
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 31
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 24
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 31
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 16
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 58
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61