Dec 13, 2012, 8:01 AM EDT
”What do you think a guy is going to do with two seconds on the clock?” Popovich told reporters. “You make him drive. You don’t step back on Mo Williams. That’s why he was on him — why we didn’t have to have a small guy like Tony Parker. We put a big guy on him for that reason — to get up on him — and he backed off. Huge defensive error that cost us the game.”
None the less, that is a fearless shot by Williams. He had missed a three 10 seconds earlier but like a true shooter he forgot about the last play and focused on this one.
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 4
- Harden’s 17 fourth quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 3
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 48
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 27
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20