Dec 13, 2012, 12:34 PM EST
The real headline for this piece should read:
“Idiots looking to hurt people continue to use sports as an excuse.”
Two Bulls fans who were in Philly for the Chicago win Wednesday night were bragging about the game when they were shot on a train, reports the AP via CSNPhilly.com.
Lt. John Walker says the shooting late Wednesday on the Market-Frankford El happened after a dispute over the 76ers’ loss to the Chicago Bulls earlier in the night.
Walker says a 35-year-old Bulls fan quarreled with two younger males before being shot as his assailants exited the train at 46th street in West Philadelphia. A second man who and tried to calm things down was shot in the leg.
Neither man’s injuries are life threatening and both are in stable condition at an area hospital. There are no arrests in the case as of yet but apparently there were more than a dozen people on the train at the time.
The natural reaction is “people’s it’s just a game, calm down” but this is not that — the shooters are a******* out looking for trouble and are using a sporting event as an excuse. Same with the Laker fan who pepper sprayed Jazz fans earlier this year. Or some fights outside college football games. Or soccer hooligans in England.
It’s the people, it’s a societal issue. If these people were not hurting others in the name of sports they’d be doing it at concerts or some other venue.
Glad these victims are going to be fine.
Here is some video, via CSNChgicago.com.
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 2
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 14
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 12
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 15
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17