Dec 13, 2012, 12:34 PM EST
The real headline for this piece should read:
“Idiots looking to hurt people continue to use sports as an excuse.”
Two Bulls fans who were in Philly for the Chicago win Wednesday night were bragging about the game when they were shot on a train, reports the AP via CSNPhilly.com.
Lt. John Walker says the shooting late Wednesday on the Market-Frankford El happened after a dispute over the 76ers’ loss to the Chicago Bulls earlier in the night.
Walker says a 35-year-old Bulls fan quarreled with two younger males before being shot as his assailants exited the train at 46th street in West Philadelphia. A second man who and tried to calm things down was shot in the leg.
Neither man’s injuries are life threatening and both are in stable condition at an area hospital. There are no arrests in the case as of yet but apparently there were more than a dozen people on the train at the time.
The natural reaction is “people’s it’s just a game, calm down” but this is not that — the shooters are a******* out looking for trouble and are using a sporting event as an excuse. Same with the Laker fan who pepper sprayed Jazz fans earlier this year. Or some fights outside college football games. Or soccer hooligans in England.
It’s the people, it’s a societal issue. If these people were not hurting others in the name of sports they’d be doing it at concerts or some other venue.
Glad these victims are going to be fine.
Here is some video, via CSNChgicago.com.
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 0
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 32
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 8
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 9
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 20
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 18
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 6