Dec 13, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
Then he goes out and has a 3-for-17 shooting night against Denver Wednesday.
Combine those things and you have Love — the much loved face of the franchise — getting heckled by fans. Love talked about it to the Pioneer Press.
“I heard some things. I’m not going sit here and call people ignorant or anything like that. Everybody takes a stance on something….
Love declined to say what he heard, but he said he’s “heard worse … I have pretty thick skin.”
This to shall pass. What Love said is what a superstar player says to keep leverage on the franchise. Most fans understand it’s not personal and Love did talk about how much he respects and likes the Wolves fans. And any Love decisions are years away, he just inked a new four-year deal (with an opt-out after 3).
What Love wants is to make the playoffs and for Minnesota to contend. The win by the Wolves Wednesday night — when he had an off night and other guys picked up the slack — against a quality team like the Nuggets is a step toward the playoffs. As is getting Ricky Rubio back soon. Minnesota is starting to look like a playoff team.
And that will make all the fans happy.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 8
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 46
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43