Dec 13, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
Then he goes out and has a 3-for-17 shooting night against Denver Wednesday.
Combine those things and you have Love — the much loved face of the franchise — getting heckled by fans. Love talked about it to the Pioneer Press.
“I heard some things. I’m not going sit here and call people ignorant or anything like that. Everybody takes a stance on something….
Love declined to say what he heard, but he said he’s “heard worse … I have pretty thick skin.”
This to shall pass. What Love said is what a superstar player says to keep leverage on the franchise. Most fans understand it’s not personal and Love did talk about how much he respects and likes the Wolves fans. And any Love decisions are years away, he just inked a new four-year deal (with an opt-out after 3).
What Love wants is to make the playoffs and for Minnesota to contend. The win by the Wolves Wednesday night — when he had an off night and other guys picked up the slack — against a quality team like the Nuggets is a step toward the playoffs. As is getting Ricky Rubio back soon. Minnesota is starting to look like a playoff team.
And that will make all the fans happy.
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 0
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 31
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8