Dec 13, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
Then he goes out and has a 3-for-17 shooting night against Denver Wednesday.
Combine those things and you have Love — the much loved face of the franchise — getting heckled by fans. Love talked about it to the Pioneer Press.
“I heard some things. I’m not going sit here and call people ignorant or anything like that. Everybody takes a stance on something….
Love declined to say what he heard, but he said he’s “heard worse … I have pretty thick skin.”
This to shall pass. What Love said is what a superstar player says to keep leverage on the franchise. Most fans understand it’s not personal and Love did talk about how much he respects and likes the Wolves fans. And any Love decisions are years away, he just inked a new four-year deal (with an opt-out after 3).
What Love wants is to make the playoffs and for Minnesota to contend. The win by the Wolves Wednesday night — when he had an off night and other guys picked up the slack — against a quality team like the Nuggets is a step toward the playoffs. As is getting Ricky Rubio back soon. Minnesota is starting to look like a playoff team.
And that will make all the fans happy.
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 31
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 14
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 27
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 14
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 15
- Report: Cavaliers trying to trade for Nuggets’ Timofey Mozgov 23
- Cavaliers, with LeBron James and Kevin Love, favored by oddsmakers to win 2015 NBA title 29
- Scout says Carmelo Anthony can be good triangle fit — if he moves the ball 20