Dec 13, 2012, 11:36 AM EDT
It’s a free country. You don’t have to watch this.
You could go to the park and shoot some hoops. Read a book (try “Telegraph Avenue” by Michael Chabon). Go for a bike ride and get some exercise. Play with your dog. Learn how to cook a good risotto.
But know that coming to your television will be Scottie Pippen reality show. We’re sorry but it’s true.
Entertainment industry trade publication The Hollywood Reporter talked about it as part of the shows WE TV is developing (hat tip to SLAM).
The network that’s home to Braxton Family Values, its spinoff Tamar & Vince as well as wedding-themed entries Bridezillas and My Fair Wedding is eyeing similarly themed entries including a docuseries revolving around NBA Hall of Famer Scottie Pippen and his wife Larsa and Single Brides….
Big Pippen, from Left Right Productions, revolves around Chicago power couple Larsa and Scottie Pippen. From private jets to designer digs, diamond rings and six NBA championships, the Pippens live a truly charmed life. Add in her overbearing family and his clan from Arkansas, and this duo is living life Big Pippen style.
Again, you don’t have to watch this. Frankly, if you’re reading an NBA blog you’re not likely the target demographic for this one anyway.
But know it and “the Pippen brand” are out there. And it’s coming. And you can’t stop it. All you can do is look away and hope others do as well.
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 7
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 2
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 22
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 6