Dec 13, 2012, 11:36 AM EDT
It’s a free country. You don’t have to watch this.
You could go to the park and shoot some hoops. Read a book (try “Telegraph Avenue” by Michael Chabon). Go for a bike ride and get some exercise. Play with your dog. Learn how to cook a good risotto.
But know that coming to your television will be Scottie Pippen reality show. We’re sorry but it’s true.
Entertainment industry trade publication The Hollywood Reporter talked about it as part of the shows WE TV is developing (hat tip to SLAM).
The network that’s home to Braxton Family Values, its spinoff Tamar & Vince as well as wedding-themed entries Bridezillas and My Fair Wedding is eyeing similarly themed entries including a docuseries revolving around NBA Hall of Famer Scottie Pippen and his wife Larsa and Single Brides….
Big Pippen, from Left Right Productions, revolves around Chicago power couple Larsa and Scottie Pippen. From private jets to designer digs, diamond rings and six NBA championships, the Pippens live a truly charmed life. Add in her overbearing family and his clan from Arkansas, and this duo is living life Big Pippen style.
Again, you don’t have to watch this. Frankly, if you’re reading an NBA blog you’re not likely the target demographic for this one anyway.
But know it and “the Pippen brand” are out there. And it’s coming. And you can’t stop it. All you can do is look away and hope others do as well.
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 1
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 6
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10