Dec 13, 2012, 3:45 PM EDT
“Everybody in New York thinks the Knicks are Playboy bunnies, and I have been telling them for years the Knicks are a rabbit. They’re closer to a Playboy bunny this year but for the last few years these guys are like, ‘We have a really good team!’ And I say, ‘You really think that?’ And I say, ‘No, they don’t.’ But this is the best team they’ve had in a while.”
But if you read the entire Newsday post, Barkley has concerns — that the Knicks are regularly getting beat on the boards, that their three-point shooting will cool off, that fitting Amare Stoudemire back in with Carmelo Anthony is another hurdle to climb. Every one of those is a legitimate concern and why we should all be careful about reading too much into December results.
But even Barkley admits these Knicks are good. We knew some team in the East would break out of the pack to be the side to challenge the Heat come the playoffs (the road to the finals still goes through Miami). It looks like the Knicks could be that team. And if they keep playing like this they could pose a serious challenge, not just a paper one.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 2
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48